• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Tie rod end size - Bump Steer kit issues (?)

AdrenalDestruction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 GT
Good evening all,

In the process of building up a fun little GT and have (a few) snags. Notably, I am encountering an issue with the aftermarket bump steer kit - my inner tie rod threaded portion is far too small for the supplied collar. The collar measures darn near 9/16" ID, which is large enough to slide freely over my stock inner tie rod.

I am attempting to remedy this through the manufacturer of the kit but getting a response has proven difficult.

I will pull an actual measurement on my own stock inner as soon as the alignment shop finishes with a cursory alignment (want to make sure everything else is tidy in the meantime). But does anyone have definitive information regrading inner tie rod size for a 24' GT? (Non-PP, base GT). My hypothesis was that a Shelby, etc. kit was accidentally sent my way but after Googling, the issue remains unclear.
Sponsored