• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

OP
OP
Carter1776

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Atlas Blue
My lack of confidence is watching all the X videos where dudes are showing off in their cars by driving like a lunatic and wrecking all by themselves. I don't want to be that next video 😂.

Yeah, don't you got a little Carter on the way? Better get it all out now, you'll look silly doing burnouts with a "baby on board" sign hanging in the back window
I don't have a little one on the way yet but my wife and I are trying! But we also have a lot of big moves happening soon so it'd be silly to be the next video as well, or next cross on the side of the road. Trust me, this Tennessee trip burnt a lot of my stored open the gates and let er eat energy 😂
Sponsored

Magic88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I don't have a little one on the way yet but my wife and I are trying! But we also have a lot of big moves happening soon so it'd be silly to be the next video as well, or next cross on the side of the road. Trust me, this Tennessee trip burnt a lot of my stored open the gates and let er eat energy 😂
Whatever brass balls, you'll be racing home tomorrow like the lunatic you've confessed to be 😂

Magic88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
On the way down here I was running with a supercharged V6 Jag, at one point we were cutting up through light traffic at 130+ south of Lexington. That was the first time I've ran like that, was a lot of fun. They began cutting tight spots when traffic started getting a little heavier and that was a big no from me so off they went.
I'm out like a fat kid in dodge ball

OP
OP
Carter1776

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm out like a fat kid in dodge ball
I was the fat kid, not fat anymore but I can fully relate 😂

But that's what I'm saying, I dunno where the confidence came from, but it needs to chill 😂

gruvyhudy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
When my car finally got to the dealership I took it out for a test drive. I spun the tires and fish tailed it out into the road by barely hitting the gas.......it made my heart pound and I had the biggest smile......I knew I was going to love my new Mustang....nothing like it. Have you made any modifications on your ride?

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Before my accident - from 1997 to 2012 - I used to ride (road) motorcycles. Not slow Harleys, but sport/touring bikes, mostly Honda VFRs. Discussion forums like this were not yet a thing, so we had an internet mailing list we used to keep in touch: The Honda VF/VFR Mailing List.

Anyway, about 20 of us from all parts east of the Mississippi River ended up meeting in Lake George, NY one weekend in September for a very impromptu gathering. Spent the weekend riding great twisty roads in NH and VT. I was hooked.

Every year after that, we met up again, with more people from the list joining each fall. At one point, we were up to several hundred riders. We would fill most of the Fireside Inn @ West Lebanon, NH. We'd break up into groups of 6-10 bikes and spend a couple days that weekend riding some of the best roads in the nation, mostly NH, VT, ME, and NY. We always had 7-8-9 pre-planned routes that each group would pick from. It was a blast. The numbers have dwindled over the years - there were years that I'm sure we had 100+ bikes in the parking lot in SAT morning, from far away as Texas, Florida, Wisconsin, and Canada. We even had people fly in from as far away as California and borrow a bike from another list member.

They still do this ride every fall, coming up on the 30th annual ride in 2026. For about 20 years, we did a second ride based out of SE Ohio/NW West Virginia. Great roads there, too.

I haven't been able to ride motorcycles since I was hit by a car, but a few of the guys who no longer ride still meet up in VT with everyone that same weekend each fall, but they are driving thier sports cars instead of bikes.

I'm thinking of doing this with the Dark Horse. Would be great if I could organize something with some M7G forum members, too.

faser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang/cadillac
On the way down here I was running with a supercharged V6 Jag, at one point we were cutting up through light traffic at 130+ south of Lexington. That was the first time I've ran like that, was a lot of fun. They began cutting tight spots when traffic started getting a little heavier and that was a big no from me so off they went.
Slicing through traffic on a highway at over 130 MPH?

OP
OP
Carter1776

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Slicing through traffic on a highway at over 130 MPH?
The only time it was at high speed was open stretches free of traffic, the slicing was through very light traffic at normal speeds. I won't risk cutting at 130 let alone anything over like 90.

I was a few drinks in when I was typing that out and didn't word it to not sound like an idiot on the road lol.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Carter1776

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When my car finally got to the dealership I took it out for a test drive. I spun the tires and fish tailed it out into the road by barely hitting the gas.......it made my heart pound and I had the biggest smile......I knew I was going to love my new Mustang....nothing like it. Have you made any modifications on your ride?
Yes, Steeda Progressive Lowering springs and velgen vf10s with nitto tires, black badges, Steeda H pipe, painted rear spoiler.

gruvyhudy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Nice, was looking at the corsa H pipe with black exhaust tips, not sure if any brand is better than another

OP
OP
Carter1776

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice, was looking at the corsa H pipe with black exhaust tips, not sure if any brand is better than another
The H pipe can be pretty well the same between brands but if your doing an axle back exhaust system, there are a ton of differences between a bunch of brands. Definitely do research.

gruvyhudy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I don't think so, extreme cat-back with HH pipe and black pro series quad tips....not cheap. if I could get great sound and quality with another good brand at a better price I'm all about it. I know a lot of owners have their preference, I've never upgraded before so it gets confusing. I'll keep looking at reviews and videos.....thanks.

faser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang/cadillac
The only time it was at high speed was open stretches free of traffic, the slicing was through very light traffic at normal speeds. I won't risk cutting at 130 let alone anything over like 90.

I was a few drinks in when I was typing that out and didn't word it to not sound like an idiot on the road lol.
Glad to hear. I'm not timid or any kind of a slouch behind the wheel but we see insanity on our roads every day here in South Florida. It is crazy, getting worse, and just plain out of control. Horrendous multi-car crashes are essentially an everyday thing. The worst are the ass clowns in 25 yr old Infinitys and other rice buckets, fart cans ablaze, all with something to prove.

OP
OP
Carter1776

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Glad to hear. I'm not timid or any kind of a slouch behind the wheel but we see insanity on our roads every day here in South Florida. It is crazy, getting worse, and just plain out of control. Horrendous multi-car crashes are essentially an everyday thing. The worst are the ass clowns in 25 yr old Infinitys and other rice buckets, fart cans ablaze, all with something to prove.
I can only imagine. I live in a rural area so we don't see much like that but I often have to run up through I465 around Indianapolis and it's fucking nuts. I don't care to be on that road for a second longer than I have to. If I wasn't a good driver and able to see bad situations before they happen, I would have been in some serious wrecks from people in slammed civics and infinities, beat up trucks etc going over double the speed limit through heavy traffic.

I only get "wild" when there is no risk to other people's life's, not that I don't wanna die, but if my stupidity kills someone, I want it to only be me. I won't drive spirited if I have a passenger either.

So when me and that jag were running, I stayed a 4 or 5 car gap from them at all times and when we came up on traffic I backed off fully. I let them go when they started cutting at over 100, that's a no from me.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Truly blessed to have the nation's best roads in my back yard, here in Western North Carolina.
Sponsored