• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Suggestions for Cleaning the Front Grill?

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
Road crud.
A brush should get that off as well. Ceramic coating won’t keep that from sticking to the car and a pressure washer won’t remove it whether it’s ceramic coated or not. If it was sticky then a sponge or towel is the only option.

I like the brushes as I can get the tips behind the honeycombs and in the cracks and crevices.

OP
OP
missenow2011

missenow2011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red Mustang GT premium convertible
I will be purchasing brushes my next paycheck. Thanks!

Wiley Marmot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Prem
For my grill I rinse thoroughly first, then wash with microfiber mit and car shampoo to get rid of the easy stuff, then I use an old soft bristle tooth brush and a detailing brush I got from WalMart (soaked in water/shampoo) to clean any remaining bugs/goo out of the nooks and crannies.

I vigorously curse Ford out for the grill design throughout the entire process. Doesn't really remove the bugs anymore efficiently, but I feel better. :wink:

OP
OP
missenow2011

missenow2011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For my grill I rinse thoroughly first, then wash with microfiber mit and car shampoo to get rid of the easy stuff, then I use an old soft bristle tooth brush and a detailing brush I got from WalMart (soaked in water/shampoo) to clean any remaining bugs/goo out of the nooks and crannies.

I vigorously curse Ford out for the grill design throughout the entire process. Doesn't really remove the bugs anymore efficiently, but I feel better. :wink:
I curse Ford as well for that design. I mess up my nails and fingers every time I clean it and my OCD kicks in because I have to get every bit of dust and pollen off. It’s really quite a feat for me. I wish I lived in a house so I could wash it every time it was dirty, but I live in a condo and I have to go to the self car wash. People would give me the side eye if I took a bucket and started scrubbing. I will not use that brush they provide.

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
I curse Ford as well for that design. I mess up my nails and fingers every time I clean it and my OCD kicks in because I have to get every bit of dust and pollen off. It’s really quite a feat for me. I wish I lived in a house so I could wash it every time it was dirty, but I live in a condo and I have to go to the self car wash. People would give me the side eye if I took a bucket and started scrubbing. I will not use that brush they provide.
Go early in the morning or late in the evening. Mine was open 24 hrs with a lot of lighting. I used to take my own supplies with me and as long as it wasn’t busy I would use the bay for half hour or so.

OP
OP
missenow2011

missenow2011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Go early in the morning or late in the evening. Mine was open 24 hrs with a lot of lighting. I used to take my own supplies with me and as long as it wasn’t busy I would use the bay for half hour or so.
Great idea!! Thanks
Sponsored