• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Steeda order process

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
We are not trying to "Sneak" it in - it's an industry-wide inclusion that is becoming the norm - we added it after discussions with a focus group that said they would be interested in purchasing to protect their purchase.

Best,

TJ
Hey, @tj@steeda

I want to start ordering parts from Steeda, but the idea that I have to pay an extra $4.50 in order to ensure that something I'm already shelling out money for (a) actually makes it to me and (b) is undamaged rubs me the wrong way.

Package protection? Since when is an online retailer NOT responsible to ensure delivery of an undamaged product to a customer? An order is a contract. I pay a retailer for a product, and they provide said product to me. Failure to fulfill the agreement is breach of contract.

A retailer can't just disclaimer away their contractual obligations. They can't just say, "Hey, we know you paid for something, and we know we gave your purchase to the carrier we hired, and we know they lost it or damaged it, but you are SOL because you didn't pay us our EXTRA 'package protection' fee. That's not how contract law works.

If it costs you extra money to insure your shipments, just build the cost into the price of the products and you don't have to worry about customers feeling deceived. Or add it to the shipping costs and don't call it "package protection". Yes, doing so will make your prices less competitive, but the cost of doing business is the cost of doing business.

The extra fee for "package protection" (or the buyer is SOL) is an "industry-wide inclusion"? I have never seen this, and I buy a TON of stuff online. Can you identify any other major online retailers that try to transfer the FOB point for things customers pay for in advance from thier porch back to your shipping door if they don't pay this extra "protection fee"? Who (companies/people) was part of this "focus group" you had discussions with? I'm curious to know who else has adopted this "industry-wide inclusion".

Thanks.
Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Steeda Mustang
Hey, @tj@steeda

I want to start ordering parts from Steeda, but the idea that I have to pay an extra $4.50 in order to ensure that something I'm already shelling out money for (a) actually makes it to me and (b) is undamaged rubs me the wrong way.

Package protection? Since when is an online retailer NOT responsible to ensure delivery of an undamaged product to a customer? An order is a contract. I pay a retailer for a product, and they provide said product to me. Failure to fulfill the agreement is breach of contract.

A retailer can't just disclaimer away their contractual obligations. They can't just say, "Hey, we know you paid for something, and we know we gave your purchase to the carrier we hired, and we know they lost it or damaged it, but you are SOL because you didn't pay us our EXTRA 'package protection' fee. That's not how contract law works.

If it costs you extra money to insure your shipments, just build the cost into the price of the products and you don't have to worry about customers feeling deceived. Or add it to the shipping costs and don't call it "package protection". Yes, doing so will make your prices less competitive, but the cost of doing business is the cost of doing business.

The extra fee for "package protection" (or the buyer is SOL) is an "industry-wide inclusion"? I have never seen this, and I buy a TON of stuff online. Can you identify any other major online retailers that try to transfer the FOB point for things customers pay for in advance from thier porch back to your shipping door if they don't pay this extra "protection fee"? Who (companies/people) was part of this "focus group" you had discussions with? I'm curious to know who else has adopted this "industry-wide inclusion".

Thanks.
You don't have to purchase it - it's an option at checkout.

Lethal Performance is just to name one.

Plenty of people have used it - filled a claim and it's been resolved in a very efficient manner.

Best,

TJ

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don't have to purchase it - it's an option at checkout.

Lethal Performance is just to name one.

Plenty of people have used it - filled a claim and it's been resolved in a very efficient manner.

Best,

TJ
Thank you for the response, @tj@steeda.

I'm fully aware that we are not required to purchase it. But I'm also aware that an order is a contract to exchange goods or services for something of value (i.e., money), and failure to provide the goods or services after someone has paid for them is a breach of contract that can't simply be eliminated by posting a disclaimer.

Personally, if I ordered a product that did not arrive or arrived damaged and a retailer refused to complete their contractual obligation, I would simply dispute the transaction with the bank/credit card issuer and let them deal with the retailer.

Lethal Performance - any others? If this is an "industry-wide inclusion", I would expect there to be a plethora of online retailers attempting to employ similar tactics. I have not encountered this anywhere else.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Steeda Mustang
Thank you for the response, @tj@steeda.

I'm fully aware that we are not required to purchase it. But I'm also aware that an order is a contract to exchange goods or services for something of value (i.e., money), and failure to provide the goods or services after someone has paid for them is a breach of contract that can't simply be eliminated by posting a disclaimer.

Personally, if I ordered a product that did not arrive or arrived damaged and a retailer refused to complete their contractual obligation, I would simply dispute the transaction with the bank/credit card issuer and let them deal with the retailer.

Lethal Performance - any others? If this is an "industry-wide inclusion", I would expect there to be a plethora of online retailers attempting to employ similar tactics. I have not encountered this anywhere else.
We appreciate your feedback & will look into this.

Best Regards,

TJ

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We appreciate your feedback & will look into this.

Best Regards,

TJ
Thanks. I'm not trying to be difficult. I'm just a well-inforrned customer looking out for his hard-earned cash.
Sponsored