• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Single exhaust tip standard on S650 GT

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
I come from foxbodies…. Pounds matter… ounces matter more.

let alone the gremlins I’ve seen with active exhaust.

Sean_22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Not to mention the way that rear valance is fitted. If you notice that the single exhaust rear valance only has enough room for one tip not a dual tip. You will probably be required to get a new rear valance if you wanted to go with an aftermarket four tip.
1/25 INF 'Tropic Lightning'

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
1/25 INF 'Tropic Lightning'

1/25th, Aviation? I was B. Co. 1/14th Infantry. It was over 30 yrs ago, still feels like I just got out.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
So I’ve seen a lot of GT cars with single tip exhausts. I’m starting to think that’s gonna be standard on the GT and quads optional. See the blue car in the pic and also the one on display at Rolex 24 posted by another member.

724A5C56-91A6-4887-BF29-4501DC16112C.jpeg
Looks like they’re getting rid of the excess 2015-2017 GT exhaust’s they have stock of.

ApplesAndOranges

Dare to compare
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
Hit the nail dead on the head my friend. Ford, and the others have come up with many ways to generate revenue, and I'm sure this is no different. My wife's '19 GT has the active exhaust, and then it was a $995 option. Of course the price is up now, and I'm sure it will be higher when the '24 order banks open. Gotta pay for them dual tips don'tcha know. :)

With that said, in my experience the active exhaust isn't much more than a conversation piece. The quiet mode works fine, but I never use it. And there is very little difference between the normal, and sport mode. And you can't run them in track around town, or the Po-Po will get ya. LOL That will be one option that will be left off of the wife's S650 when it's ordered.
The active exhaust is fantastic and I wouldn't have the car without it. It's not just about external noise volume but about comfort as well. These cars drone and hum at expressway speeds. Quiet mode is a godsend on long trips.
Sponsored