• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

S650 UK orders

OP
OP
Gregs24

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
I dont know,he was a bit vague.
Guys on here probably know more about it than me. I didnt know orders were already initiated as he never mentioned you can pre order and no details on price etc ?? I dont need to be first in like before anyway as there's always niggles,i can imagine that dash being a problem. 😂 and i want to see the car in the flesh anyway. My only concern is dark horse availability
Is it a limited run. If it is and i miss out so be it and i just get the GT.
I don't think anybody on here has had a sniff of RHD production yet?

If there is a production run in November of RHD cars then they would need ordering now. Maybe there will be a very limited run to provide one car per dealer? Not sure how many Ford Stores there are but it isn't many.
Sponsored

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
G'day from down under.

It sounds like you RHD Poms are in the same predicament as us RHD Aussies!

Our pricing and specs have been delayed and then delayed more. (Was originally due Q2 this year, then June, then late July, then August, now "early October".

Funnily enough, just yesterday I was advised I have a VIN allocated with a scheduled build date of Nov 13.

I mean WTF, shouldn't the customer know what the price is before committing to a specific build?
(Rhetorical question!)
We were asked to pre-dress our orders back in late July/early August.

No contract or anything and I could cancel my pre-order, but this highlights the arrogance of Ford Australia, where they probably assume the average Mustang buyer will pay whatever, or there's a long line waiting that will take it anyway. (Which there is).

Given the small drip feed supply of vehicles into our country, (to artificially inflate the price), I suspect you lot face the same situation?

So, you'd expect all the RHD variants to be running down the line in the same build window.

+/- any new UAW strike disruptions.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gregs24

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G'day from down under.

It sounds like you RHD Poms are in the same predicament as us RHD Aussies!

Our pricing and specs have been delayed and then delayed more. (Was originally due Q2 this year, then June, then late July, then August, now "early October".

Funnily enough, just yesterday I was advised I have a VIN allocated with a scheduled build date of Nov 13.

I mean WTF, shouldn't the customer know what the price is before committing to a specific build?
(Rhetorical question!)
We were asked to pre-dress our orders back in late July/early August.

No contract or anything and I could cancel my pre-order, but this highlights the arrogance of Ford Australia, where they probably assume the average Mustang buyer will pay whatever, or there's a long line waiting that will take it anyway. (Which there is).

Given the small drip feed supply of vehicles into our country, (to artificially inflate the price), I suspect you lot face the same situation?

So, you'd expect all the RHD variants to be running down the line in the same build window.

+/- any new UAW strike disruptions.
And keep the residuals high too - which suits me fine!

Pre-order doesn't seem to be a thing here, but at least if they are making RHD cars that is a start. So you have a build confirmed but still don't have any price information or spec details? At least with LHD cars in Europe the specs were not a million miles from the US +/- options, but the UK S550 RHD cars were a very odd hybrid spec that didn't match anything in the US, so would be very difficult to guess.

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I don't think anybody on here has had a sniff of RHD production yet?

If there is a production run in November of RHD cars then they would need ordering now. Maybe there will be a very limited run to provide one car per dealer? Not sure how many Ford Stores there are but it isn't many.
I think there were only a few dedicated mustang dealerships,Haines in maidstone was the one i used before. When i ordered in 2015 i just walked in and ordered the mustang paid a deposit. The salesman said they wasnt officially taking orders but thet took my deposit anyway 😂if i remember right, Flat rock do batches of RHD. I ordered a facelift in the November and got it in March of 18. Like i said I'm in no hurry.
In those days you could see your window sticker on line,build date and find out what ship it was on and follow it across the atlantic and up the channel 😂

OP
OP
Gregs24

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think there were only a few dedicated mustang dealerships,Haines in maidstone was the one i used before. When i ordered in 2015 i just walked in and ordered the mustang paid a deposit. The salesman said they wasnt officially taking orders but thet took my deposit anyway 😂if i remember right, Flat rock do batches of RHD. I ordered a facelift in the November and got it in March of 18. Like i said I'm in no hurry.
In those days you could see your window sticker on line,build date and find out what ship it was on and follow it across the atlantic and up the channel 😂
Yes, only Ford Stores can sell Mustangs

I ordered mine in November 2018 and got it in March 2019, so the same time scale as you. They did used to build in batches I think but I'm assure now they come down the line with the others - or at least with the S550 they did.

markimark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Black.
Bloody frustrating this is... and now the OTR price for the DH is suggested as £65585 FFS!!!!

Available in both manual and automatic transmissions, the stirring power of All-New Mustang will come from a finely retuned version of the iconic 5.0-litre V8.
All-New Mustang Dark Horse recommended OTR price from £65,585.
https://www.ford.co.uk/cars/new-mustang