• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

RTR, Saleen, Roush, Shelby American....

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
RTR have come out swinging. Before S650s are even in customer's hands, not only have they shown their version of the S650 in the metal, but they've had an official launch event and now the car is on a massive cross country tour of aftermarket vendors and dealers. The Spec 2 has been all over social media and I take my hat off to the team at RTR for the massive amount of work this entails. It's also obvious that RTR have been working closely with Ford on the development of the drift brake and, to me, it seems they have one of the best "working relationships" with Ford
S650 Mustang RTR, Saleen, Roush, Shelby American.... RTR Spec 2 19
S650 Mustang RTR, Saleen, Roush, Shelby American.... Saleen 2
S650 Mustang RTR, Saleen, Roush, Shelby American.... Shelby GT500 1
out of the 4 aftermarket companies I've listed above.

I know Roush do (or at least did) an awful lot of development work for Ford on both Mustangs and trucks, but that relationship isn't as visible to enthusiasts like myself (other than when you seen Mustang prototypes near Roush facilities, or driven by Roush employees). However, I'm looking forward to seeing what Roush has in store for the 650.

Saleen threw their hat into the ring relatively early with their rendering, so I hope they show a production car soon.

Shelby? It seems the Ford-built Shelby Mustangs might be a thing of the past. We've seen a prototype S650 with a very wide stance that some are calling the next-gen GT500. But with Ford going all-in on the Dark Horse branding, I wouldn't be surprised if the next halo-Mustang is a supercharged Dark Horse.

That, of course, leaves Shelby American. Yes, their cars are expensive and, yes, you could build similar yourself for a lot less, but there's something about Carroll's legacy that still pulls me in. His band of hot rodders do build cool looking Mustangs!

So, after RTR, who'll be first to show their S650 in the metal? Roush, Shelby or Saleen? :)

S650 Mustang RTR, Saleen, Roush, Shelby American.... RTR Spec 2 19
S650 Mustang RTR, Saleen, Roush, Shelby American.... Saleen 2
Sponsored

jmstang66

Performance Media Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
the RTR drew me in to actually liking the s650...it is gorgeous! Like you said, can't wait to see what the other aftermarket companies have in store.

RTR Vehicles

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang RTR
RTR have come out swinging. Before S650s are even in customer's hands, not only have they shown their version of the S650 in the metal, but they've had an official launch event and now the car is on a massive cross country tour of aftermarket vendors and dealers. The Spec 2 has been all over social media and I take my hat off to the team at RTR for the massive amount of work this entails. It's also obvious that RTR have been working closely with Ford on the development of the drift brake and, to me, it seems they have one of the best "working relationships" with Ford
RTR Spec 2 19.jpg
Saleen 2.jpg
Shelby GT500 1.jpg
out of the 4 aftermarket companies I've listed above.

I know Roush do (or at least did) an awful lot of development work for Ford on both Mustangs and trucks, but that relationship isn't as visible to enthusiasts like myself (other than when you seen Mustang prototypes near Roush facilities, or driven by Roush employees). However, I'm looking forward to seeing what Roush has in store for the 650.

Saleen threw their hat into the ring relatively early with their rendering, so I hope they show a production car soon.

Shelby? It seems the Ford-built Shelby Mustangs might be a thing of the past. We've seen a prototype S650 with a very wide stance that some are calling the next-gen GT500. But with Ford going all-in on the Dark Horse branding, I wouldn't be surprised if the next halo-Mustang is a supercharged Dark Horse.

That, of course, leaves Shelby American. Yes, their cars are expensive and, yes, you could build similar yourself for a lot less, but there's something about Carroll's legacy that still pulls me in. His band of hot rodders do build cool looking Mustangs!

So, after RTR, who'll be first to show their S650 in the metal? Roush, Shelby or Saleen? :)

RTR Spec 2 19.jpg
Saleen 2.jpg
Wow! Thank you for the awesome remarks. We also can't wait to see what else will be hitting the market.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
The RTR Spec 2 is very well done.

I'd say Roush will be showing us something soon. I will be snooping in a week or so up there.
Sponsored