• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Reverse Light Bulb?

sicksix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500 Limited, 2022 Ford Explorer ST-Line
I got the tint kit from Anchor-Room which includes the reverse light lens tint. I like the tinted look when not actually in reverse, but I'm wondering if I can (or need to) upgrade the bulb to something brighter to counter the tinted lens.

Has anyone swapped theirs or know what kind of bulb is in there? I just haven't had the time to climb under and look for myself.
Sponsored

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
As far as I can tell, all of the lights are LEDs. They don't needs as heavy of wire, they use less power, they are more dependable and the electronics don't need to handle as much current so it runs cooler. They didn't intend for them to be replace so I hope the tint you have doesn't block much light.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
As far as I can tell, all of the lights are LEDs. They don't needs as heavy of wire, they use less power, they are more dependable and the electronics don't need to handle as much current so it runs cooler. They didn't intend for them to be replace so I hope the tint you have doesn't block much light.
Grrrr. If everything it lightweight and low volt why the electric problems. (Not implying for this case just in general)

Op: you may want to check with local regs just to make sure ok, out of towners can kinda get away with stuff that locals frown on.

OP
OP
sicksix

sicksix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Op: you may want to check with local regs just to make sure ok, out of towners can kinda get away with stuff that locals frown on.
Yep. I've done similar things on past vehicles, local cops don't really care as long as you aren't being an idiot on the road.

Reactions: Zig
OP
OP
sicksix

sicksix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I guess this page on FordPass app answers the question.
S650 Mustang Reverse Light Bulb? 1000002515

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
Grrrr. If everything it lightweight and low volt why the electric problems. (Not implying for this case just in general)
Smaller semiconductors save space and they are able to handle less power as well. As for the dead batteries, there is much more powered off the battery. Used to be the engine computer and radio were the only things powered when the car was off. Today you have WiFi, Cell phone and the computer monitoring communications, the security system and who knows what else. More to go wrong and more to drain the battery.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Smaller semiconductors save space and they are able to handle less power as well. As for the dead batteries, there is much more powered off the battery. Used to be the engine computer and radio were the only things powered when the car was off. Today you have WiFi, Cell phone and the computer monitoring communications, the security system and who knows what else. More to go wrong and more to drain the battery.
Agreed, was more or less aiming for the look at all this efficiency that is only achieved with complexity that has a tendency …
Sponsored