• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Resources to learn more about cars

Mr Rots

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
I don't know a lot about cars - really just the basics. Since I bought my Dark Horse, I find myself wanting to know more. I'm looking for resources (websites, books, etc.) to learn more about cars, in general, and Mustangs, in particular. Could be about anything: engines, transmissions, tires and rims, brakes, electrical, general maintenance... whatever. Any resources appreciated.

And, yes, I could google these, but i have no way of knowing if what I find is good or complete garbage.
Sponsored

FrostByte_95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Infiniti G37; 2024 Mustang GT Premium ordered

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
That there is a forum of a question in an of itself. Where to begin. Can we have a hint where you would like to start? Current model and current history with a dive into tech or do you wanna start with how to build an engine and why one ended up in a ā€˜mustangā€™?

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
You could watch Donut Media on YouTube, specifically their "science garage" stuff for car knowhow or their "moneypit" stuff for maintenance/general modification tips.

I would also recommend engineering explained for the more nerdy stuff.

If you just want some cool stuff about cars there's a few channels: thatdudeinblue for reviews on extremely moded stuff and a bunch of mustang videos.
Junkyard digs if you want to see rebuilds of old cars, talking from the days of the carborater and the like.
Alex Martini/Martini works/fitment industries for a focus on modern stuff and wheels

The options really are endless

OP
OP
Mr Rots

Mr Rots

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
That there is a forum of a question in an of itself. Where to begin. Can we have a hint where you would like to start? Current model and current history with a dive into tech or do you wanna start with how to build an engine and why one ended up in a ā€˜mustangā€™?
Thanks! I did not even see that one.

REV745DH24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
I don't know a lot about cars - really just the basics. Since I bought my Dark Horse, I find myself wanting to know more. I'm looking for resources (websites, books, etc.) to learn more about cars, in general, and Mustangs, in particular. Could be about anything: engines, transmissions, tires and rims, brakes, electrical, general maintenance... whatever. Any resources appreciated.

And, yes, I could google these, but i have no way of knowing if what I find is good or complete garbage.
What good is to have DH without the manual? I had wished to have a manual book than a manual on screen where I can read the whole manual book in my own house rather than reading the manual on screen! Some specifics could have been in the manual and the rest would have to be on deeper research!

SAL-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 EcoBoost Rapid Red
The owners manual can be purchased from helminc.com. They provide OEM manuals for many brands. I purchased mine for $35 plus tax/shipping.
Sponsored