• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Resonator delete or muffler delete?

KietNhu06

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24' Ecoboost base
Should I resonator delete to a y-pipe and keep the stock muffler, or muffler delete and keep stock resonator? I personally prefer deep tone with no drone, so please give me some advice and brands name. Thank you so much!!!
Sponsored

GT 4 LC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Should I resonator delete to a y-pipe and keep the stock muffler, or muffler delete and keep stock resonator? I personally prefer deep tone with no drone, so please give me some advice and brands name. Thank you so much!!!
I have a 2024 GT Premium and my last 3 mustangs I just did the resonator delete and kept everything else stock. The sound is amazing to me. I replaced it with the Roush H-Pipe. I don't have active exhaust. I'm old school and love the deep exhaust.

728Autos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
When I had my ecoboost, the resonator delete did just about diddly squat. The best sound came from changing the mufflers.

OP
OP

KietNhu06

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24' Ecoboost base
When I had my ecoboost, the resonator delete did just about diddly squat. The best sound came from changing the mufflers.
I look into either these for now because of my it doesn't hurt my wallet lol. But I heard the mbrp race cat back and it exactly what I want, but that going to hurt my wallet :))

JPGC_S650

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 2022 HD Road King Special
Eco boost exhaust sounds can go negative real fast with the wrong setup. I've had a an EB Mustang, Focus ST and Fiesta ST, so I've trieved a few. I recommend spending some time on Youtube, etc. listening to various setups to really decide on what you like. Then maybe see if anyone local have an Eco boost with modified exhaust so you can hear them in person. I wouldn't recommend just chopping off the mufflers for straight pipes but, it is your car, not mine.

OP
OP

KietNhu06

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24' Ecoboost base
Eco boost exhaust sounds can go negative real fast with the wrong setup. I've had a an EB Mustang, Focus ST and Fiesta ST, so I've trieved a few. I recommend spending some time on Youtube, etc. listening to various setups to really decide on what you like. Then maybe see if anyone local have an Eco boost with modified exhaust so you can hear them in person. I wouldn't recommend just chopping off the mufflers for straight pipes but, it is your car, not mine.
I saw videos about the mbrp cat back race and it sound good to me, but that one is going to hurt my wallet since I'm still a senior in high school lol. But thank for the recommendation and your experiences tho!!!

OP
OP

KietNhu06

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24' Ecoboost base
I watches youtube and saw comments that said "keep stock muffler and do all kind of thing..." so that why I'm asking to seek some advices from you guys. But thanks for your recommendation tho!!!

psr070187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium w Active Exhaust
I have a 2024 GT Premium and my last 3 mustangs I just did the resonator delete and kept everything else stock. The sound is amazing to me. I replaced it with the Roush H-Pipe. I don't have active exhaust. I'm old school and love the deep exhaust.
I also have a 24 GT Premium and did a resonator delete with Steeda H Pipe and it sounds amazing!

24grabbergt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang gt premium
I also have a 24 GT Premium and did a resonator delete with Steeda H Pipe and it sounds amazing!

could you post a couple more clips? i just ordered the steeda h pipe but now im considering replacing it all with the corsa extreme

psr070187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sure when I get a second, have to go take a couple but don't mind in the slightest. It's a resonator delete. Do you have the active exhaust? I just think the corsa would get annoying after awhile. I like that I can set my quiet mode up during certain hours.

24grabbergt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang gt premium
Sure when I get a second, have to go take a couple but don't mind in the slightest. It's a resonator delete. Do you have the active exhaust? I just think the corsa would get annoying after awhile. I like that I can set my quiet mode up during certain hours.
Thanks! I have the active exhaust and its just a little too quiet for my taste. I think the start up and idle would sound better if it was a little louder

psr070187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cold start and Rev to 5k. Tbh if I were you I'd go for headers first. Gives you the sound and horsepower for around 2k-2500 depending on if you need your cat

24grabbergt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang gt premium
Cold start and Rev to 5k. Tbh if I were you I'd go for headers first. Gives you the sound and horsepower for around 2k-2500 depending on if you need your cat

I’m honestly shocked how much different it sounds than stock. sounds really good! think ill hold off on the corsa and get this H pipe installed. Thank you!

psr070187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m honestly shocked how much different it sounds than stock. sounds really good! think ill hold off on the corsa and get this H pipe installed. Thank you!
I was also pleasantly surprised as well, for $200 you really can't beat the difference in sound. It's sounded better over the last couple hundred miles, like it took time to break in. I will pass 1k miles this weekend likely and have an appt Tuesday for her first oil change and I've been a patient man but I'm gonna give her some gas when I get her back. Promised the wife I'd wait for her to push it the first time. Nice, fun, little unsafe date for the win. I've definitely enjoyed owning the 5.0, my first!
Sponsored