• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Question about Exhaust!

Naudica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Deep Impact Blue Mustang GT Premium w/PP
Hello Everyone!!! I appreciate everyone and their input in our forums, and it's great to have people around whom you can toss questions and hear everyone's thoughts!

My question now! I spoke to Borla because the 2024 exhaust is coming soon, and I was told that I could go with the 2023 model and that the exhaust would work as well because they have already tested it. My question is, should I wait for 2024 or go with 2023? I am curious if there is some cool design or something that has never been done before in 2024, and that curiosity comes from a HUGE lack of understanding of the technology behind exhaust systems.

Thank you for all of your thoughts. It's super appreciated!!

Have a fantastic Day!
Sponsored

Mustang8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Did Borla mention when they expect to release their 2024 systems? AFAIK the older systems will fit if you do not have active exhaust but the active exhaust systems do not fit because of the different placement of the valves

S650Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Silverado, '21 Grand Cherokee L, '24 Mustang
I reached out to Borla last week because I plan to purchase one of their exhausts. Borla's response about 2024 specific exhausts, "the system options we are making for the ’24 model Mustang GT will be available in similar options to suit those who have models with and without active exhaust. These will be available as axle-back and cat-back systems. The cat-back options will come standard with a new Hydroform SwitchFire X-Pipe we are in development of."

Borla's response on time frame for release, "These new products for the ’24 Mustang GT are expected to release before this Summer. I do not have an exact date as we are working on a plethora of new part numbers that would become available and will release all at the same time."

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
i say wait for the 2024 Borla. the accessories guy at my dealer got an pre-production ATAK kit (might be one of the Ford Performance kits, the exhaust tips have the Ford logo) for a SEMA build, and while it's a bit loud for my tastes, the tone is really good and different from the raspiness of the S550 products

Meraki Autoworks

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP
I would wait for 2024, I have guys lined up for the 2024 vs getting the 2023 units now. Might as well wait a little more to get whats made specifically for this car.

-Josh

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP, 2003 Cobra Yote Swapped, Braptor!
If you have an active car their 18-23 kit will most likely not work. They changed the orientation of the active valve motors on the 2024's which is why you see all of the offerings from the different exhaust manufacturers list specific new part numbers for the 2024.

Feel free to reach out if there's anything we can help you with. We're a direct Borla distributor and will have their systems available once they release them. We also have plenty of other active and non active catbacks, axlebacks and resonator deletes all listed on our site for the 2024's.
www.lethalperformance.com

OP
OP
Naudica

Naudica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Deep Impact Blue Mustang GT Premium w/PP
If you have an active car their 18-23 kit will most likely not work. They changed the orientation of the active valve motors on the 2024's which is why you see all of the offerings from the different exhaust manufacturers list specific new part numbers for the 2024.

Feel free to reach out if there's anything we can help you with. We're a direct Borla distributor and will have their systems available once they release them. We also have plenty of other active and non active catbacks, axlebacks and resonator deletes all listed on our site for the 2024's.
www.lethalperformance.com

Awesome!! I love your recent videos also and want to get Whipple as well! Yeah, I will hit you guys up. I want to get a whipple, also! Yes, I came here because the guy gave me a part number of 140743CFBA and told me that would work. I was trying to ask questions, but it was more like he was trying to get me off the phone, and I didn't get a good vibe, if that makes sense, so I decided to come to the forums.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
It really depends on what you want. Exhaust systems are ‘basically’ all the same except for each manufacturers unique designs and styles. They all do the same thing but slightly differently, just enough so they can slap a logo on it. Some use thicker steel some thinner and some none at all. The bends and curves and thickness of the metal all play a part in both sound and performance. The ‘23s will work as long as they bolt up and then a half decent shop will be able to ‘make’ them work but that’s possibly work. Each year and sometimes multiple times, especially when a new model hits the streets, they will tweak a design and discover something new and well you know what that means. So long story short, if you want the latest and greatest that nobody else has heard wait if you just wanna tinker with exhaust and got the bug yes some ‘23s will work or should work without much issue.

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
Does Borla make the systems for Ford Performance?

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
yes they do, on the bottom of the mufflers is the text "Ford Performance by Borla". Shelby also uses them and the kits that come on something like the Super Snake have "Shelby by Borla" on the bottom of the resonator

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It really depends on what you want. Exhaust systems are ‘basically’ all the same except for each manufacturers unique designs and styles. They all do the same thing but slightly differently, just enough so they can slap a logo on it. Some use thicker steel some thinner and some none at all. The bends and curves and thickness of the metal all play a part in both sound and performance. The ‘23s will work as long as they bolt up and then a half decent shop will be able to ‘make’ them work but that’s possibly work. Each year and sometimes multiple times, especially when a new model hits the streets, they will tweak a design and discover something new and well you know what that means. So long story short, if you want the latest and greatest that nobody else has heard wait if you just wanna tinker with exhaust and got the bug yes some ‘23s will work or should work without much issue.
The 15-17 systems for non active cars for the most part will work on the 2024’s. However as we mentioned above the active systems from the 18-23’s will not work on the 2024’s due to the way the active valve motors are oriented on the new cars. This is why all of the manufacturers had to redesign their active kits specific to the 2024’s.

Hope that helps.

Reactions: Zig

Eremyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 GT
The 15-17 systems for non active cars for the most part will work on the 2024’s. However as we mentioned above the active systems from the 18-23’s will not work on the 2024’s due to the way the active valve motors are oriented on the new cars. This is why all of the manufacturers had to redesign their active kits specific to the 2024’s.

Hope that helps.
In that case Borla should sell us the Pipes only with the revised Valve motors with those of already owning current 18-23 Stype kit and I'll get my current S type pipes cut and welded with the new.

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
yes they do, on the bottom of the mufflers is the text "Ford Performance by Borla". Shelby also uses them and the kits that come on something like the Super Snake have "Shelby by Borla" on the bottom of the resonator
Thank you!

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Hope that helps.
Not giving you a hard time or anything like that … pipes is pipes. I went general you went general availability.

Edit: may I have [to modify my exhaust with] a whipple?

Last edited:

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In that case Borla should sell us the Pipes only with the revised Valve motors with those of already owning current 18-23 Stype kit and I'll get my current S type pipes cut and welded with the new.
We’ll find out shortly on how Borla will offer their systems. I spoke with them last week and so expecting some data from them sometime this week.
Sponsored