• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Paint fix from due bill

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT 6spd
So upon delivery i noted the corner of the passenger bumper where it meets the fender had an issue. I know it’s a sensitive area being a corner. Taking it in for them to look at it as it was on the due bill. Any advice on the dealer fixing it or experience on this would be great.

I’d prefer not to have my whole bumper painted. And my concern is how good a job they will do and what type of warranty it may have after.
Sponsored

nname05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Ford Mustang GT Cali Spec
I had peppered spray chip marks on the passenger side of my car. To fix it my whole right side would have to be repainted. Ford will buy back the car and I've ordered a new one.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
The biggest looming question is - why would a customer receive a new car in that condition.

nname05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Ford Mustang GT Cali Spec
The biggest looming question is why would a customer receive a new car in that condition.
I didn’t know the extent of damage when I took delivery. I thought it was something that could be buffed out.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I didn’t know the extent of damage when I took delivery. I thought it was something that could be buffed out.
That wasn’t directed at yourself. That should’ve never left the factory for you to receive in that condition.

Last edited:

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
I have a 1 inch gash on the front bumper straight to the black plastic. Luckily it’s down low but I don’t know what to do. It’s deep enough that a new bumper is probably the only choice, but body shops are all backed up here

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They don’t have to replace for that. They have special filler for that application.

OP
OP
highvoltage

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT 6spd
I had peppered spray chip marks on the passenger side of my car. To fix it my whole right side would have to be repainted. Ford will buy back the car and I've ordered a new one.
thats Crazy. Mine is less than the size of an eraser on a pencil. If they wanna paint the bumper I’ll pass.You can’t even tell unless you get down there and look. But i noted it. They body/paint shop is looking at it on Tuesday. But they may outsource. I will see who they use. I’ve had paint work done by a local company on a past F150 that someone rear ended and they did a fantastic job.

509Mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 F-150 4X4. Waiting on 2024 GT convertible in
A car may leave the factory in perfect condition only to get damaged in shipping. It’s not always the manufacture’s fault.

MIZStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
So upon delivery i noted the corner of the passenger bumper where it meets the fender had an issue. I know it’s a sensitive area being a corner. Taking it in for them to look at it as it was on the due bill. Any advice on the dealer fixing it or experience on this would be great.

I’d prefer not to have my whole bumper painted. And my concern is how good a job they will do and what type of warranty it may have after.
Appears to be common. I saw fender paint chips in person on the one I test drove. This detailer also points out similar issues.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A car may leave the factory in perfect condition only to get damaged in shipping. It’s not always the manufacture’s fault.
Damage to a properly assembled and painted car is one thing. Embedded paint imperfections and misaligned body parts are another.
Sponsored