• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Owner’s Kit for Dark Horse

topdawg4ever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 Dark Horse Mustang, 2024 Ram 2500 CTD Mega Cab
Curious if there is an owner’s kit for the Dark Horse?
Sponsored

Dharri21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HE, 2022 Lightning
The Track Attack School is one of the highlights of buying a new Dark Horse. I went to GT350 Track Attack and GT500 Track Attack and they were both incredible.

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4, 2024 Mustang GT Vert PP NP
Where is the DH Attack School being held at? Would be nice if Ford offered those with the GT PP an option to go....🤔 Forgot, we have a Vert, can't go....☹

Last edited:

GripTime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse, 2006 Mustang GT
Where is the DH Attack School being held at? Would be nice if Ford offered those with the GT PP an option to go....🤔 Forgot, we have a Vert, can go....☹
Charlotte, NC. You don't drive your own car, you drive Ford's cars.

0627gabe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT and 23 GT Vert
Where is the DH Attack School being held at? Would be nice if Ford offered those with the GT PP an option to go....🤔 Forgot, we have a Vert, can't go....☹
They will very soon for all Mustang GT owners:)

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
Boo, that's no fun, would rather drive mine.

So you want your warranty voided? lol

Over on the S550 forums people are getting their warranty denied because they took their car to an HPDE event .... even though the failure took place on the street.....

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So you want your warranty voided? lol

Over on the S550 forums people are getting their warranty denied because they took their car to an HPDE event .... even though the failure took place on the street.....
Review the Warranty again. Racing will void the Warranty. HPDE is not racing and Ford and Ford Performance know this. It's important for the owner to know this too.

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Review the Warranty again. Racing will void the Warranty. HPDE is not racing and Ford and Ford Performance know this. It's important for the owner to know this too.
You are right but not in the eyes of Ford.

There is a massive thread on the S550 forum where it actually went to arbitration and the warranty was ultimately denied.

I agree with you. Ford doesn’t agree with you.

In Ford eyes HPDE is racing. It went to arbitration. Ford won.

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See attached… this was hidden in the back of s550 owners manual …

IMG_2580.jpeg

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interesting take by Ford, believe there was more to the story if they denied warranty coverage. From AutoBlog upon interviewing various auto makers:
"Ford vehicles such as Mustang, GT350, Focus RS, Focus & Fiesta ST and Raptor are designed for spirited driving and will be covered by warranty if the vehicle is operated within the limits and guidelines outlined in the vehicle's owner's guide and warranty manual, including when the vehicle is driven in 'track mode,' a feature that is contained on some vehicles, if it is driven on a track in a manner that is consistent with the guidelines. Ford does not recommend racing these vehicles in timed competitions or sanctioned race events, as they are designed and built to be driven as delivered from the factory, and the vehicle warranty does not cover mechanical failure or damage caused when a vehicle is used for racing.

"If there is a warranty concern, it is determined and reviewed on case-to-case basis whether a mechanical failure or abuse caused it."

"We do not recommend modifying or racing (for competition or time) Ford Performance vehicles, as they are designed and built to be driven as delivered from the factory.

So racing on a track for time is not recommended by Ford, yet the document also says that the vehicle's Track mode should be "used by skilled drivers for spirited and aggressive driving while at the track." And the car's Drag Strip mode should be "used at the drag strip." Therefore, track driving is within the limits and guidelines outlined. Hmm.

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interesting take by Ford, believe there was more to the story if they denied warranty coverage. From AutoBlog upon interviewing various auto makers:
"Ford vehicles such as Mustang, GT350, Focus RS, Focus & Fiesta ST and Raptor are designed for spirited driving and will be covered by warranty if the vehicle is operated within the limits and guidelines outlined in the vehicle's owner's guide and warranty manual, including when the vehicle is driven in 'track mode,' a feature that is contained on some vehicles, if it is driven on a track in a manner that is consistent with the guidelines. Ford does not recommend racing these vehicles in timed competitions or sanctioned race events, as they are designed and built to be driven as delivered from the factory, and the vehicle warranty does not cover mechanical failure or damage caused when a vehicle is used for racing.

"If there is a warranty concern, it is determined and reviewed on case-to-case basis whether a mechanical failure or abuse caused it."

"We do not recommend modifying or racing (for competition or time) Ford Performance vehicles, as they are designed and built to be driven as delivered from the factory.

So racing on a track for time is not recommended by Ford, yet the document also says that the vehicle's Track mode should be "used by skilled drivers for spirited and aggressive driving while at the track." And the car's Drag Strip mode should be "used at the drag strip." Therefore, track driving is within the limits and guidelines outlined. Hmm.
Yep … then take into consideration all the track attack ford sponsored events …

All the hype about it being track ready …

The guy who went to mediation had all the Ford literature to show… exc exc exc

The consensus was if you take your car into any track event …

Don’t post about it
Before going to dealer make sure street tires back on car… clean off all rubber… remove any evidence of car being on a track …

We all really thought the owner would win in arbitration

So just extra caution… if you do track your car… remove all evidence….

That being said… all my friends tell me Mustangs are a blast on the track… I mean I personally have NEVER had my car on a track. Nope I don’t even floor it. Never been over 2k rpm yep lol

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You'd enjoy a HPDE session. The classes are very educational, lots of technical stuff and the on-track sessions teach you so much about the car, its strengths and weaknesses. Its very educational to learn the cars limits.

IFFV68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 Limited
Yep … then take into consideration all the track attack ford sponsored events …

All the hype about it being track ready …

The guy who went to mediation had all the Ford literature to show… exc exc exc

The consensus was if you take your car into any track event …

Don’t post about it
Before going to dealer make sure street tires back on car… clean off all rubber… remove any evidence of car being on a track …

We all really thought the owner would win in arbitration

So just extra caution… if you do track your car… remove all evidence….

That being said… all my friends tell me Mustangs are a blast on the track… I mean I personally have NEVER had my car on a track. Nope I don’t even floor it. Never been over 2k rpm yep lol
Let’s see if I understand this correctly.
The 2024 Mustang GT has a track mode and a 0 to 60 timer, etc.
If you take it to the track, your warranty will probably be voided?
Why does a Mustang have a track mode unless they did it on purpose so they can void your warranty!
What have I missed?
The simple solution is don’t take it to the track or race it.
Unless you feel lucky Punk!
Personally, these cars are too expensive to race anyway, anywhere.
Since i’m 76 years old I doubt I’ll be doing any racing.
You never know when your ticket will be punched!
Sponsored

Last edited: