• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Oil life Monitoring Issue

OP
OP

NVPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT PP
Because the Gen. 4, 5.0 Coyote engine has a 10 quart oil pan.
Are the oil changing places doing 8, 9, or the proper 10 quart oil change?
Seems like a lot of inconsistencies with oil changes In the New Gen. 4 Coyote engines?
Did mine at the Dealership. Hope they put in 10
Sponsored

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT 6spd
Seems like a lot of inconsistencies with oil changes In the New Gen. 4 Coyote engines?
Hasn’t it been 10qts since the 3rd gen Coyote?

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
The place I use told me before they started that this takes a LOT more oil than my EcoBoost did. And they always pull the dipstick and show me afterwards that it is full. So I know they put the proper amount of oil in - no explanation for why my oil life monitor suddenly decided to go from 99% to 39%

Mustang8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I did my oil change at 3400 miles and currently at 4100 miles. I checked my oil life monitor today and it was at 56%. That doesn't seem right at all since I have never done anything like tracking the car.

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I pulled the dipstick on mine this weekend and the oil looked virtually new. With only 1600 miles on it I decide to just reset my "intelligent oil life monitor" and wait for the mileage to hit instead.

There must have been some over the air update that reset things after the oil change.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
The automated oil life reporting mechanism is crapola in any car for that matter. It does no oil quality analysis on the fly to give you a “realistic and pragmatic” rating. If you love your baby too much and don’t track her at all - full synthetic oil change every 3500 miles. If you track her / post 8 sessions(2 track days) oil change.
Btw / once you go full synthetic - don’t bother changing it to anything else.
I love my car but I'm not changing my oil every 3500 miles on a daily driver!

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Time is a factor as well
On my car it was only about 6 weeks and 1,000 miles before the monitor went for 90+% to 39% overnight. So it wasn't the time factor, nor mileage factor, and I hadn't been driving the car hard since it is winter.

infinitemberstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse - Blue Ember - MT

Gr8ful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Santa Cruz, V-Strom 650
For a $55-70k vehicle purchase, I don't understand how one should mind a $60 oil change every 3-6 months or more. That's dinner for 2 at a decent restaurant. Priorities. Clean oil is the most important thing to an ICE.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
For a $55-70k vehicle purchase, I don't understand how one should mind a $60 oil change every 3-6 months or more. That's dinner for 2 at a decent restaurant. Priorities. Clean oil is the most important thing to an ICE.
True but every 10k miles is hardly an extended interval. I have had plenty of high mileage engines that have had oil changes at 10k to 12k intervals that have gone on for huge mileages.
Sponsored