• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Officially 3 Months in Shipping!!!

rchandler9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Ford Expedition and 14' Infiniti Q50s
I ordered my Dark Horse March 27th. It was built August 28th and shipped September 6th. Today marks 3 months since it was shipped...

My dealer and Ford will tell me nothing. Dealer told me it was at the local shipping facility on October 24th. Since then I have had no information.

At this point I am starting to wonder is something has happened to my mustang, and if I want to accept it. Would anyone here have any idea why it is just sitting so long? Is anyone else in this predicament? What would you do?

Update: Contacted Ford Chat...no answers. They referred me to Marketing Dept...no answers. Both gave me the same info of my estimated delivery date is Dec6-9th. This is the same info I get every time I contact them, a new date window.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
At this point it's still under Fords control. The dealer only get is when the car is delivered to the dealer. I would go to the Ford web site with my VIN and ask in a chat session what is going on. People in other threads here have done this for much more minor issues.

OP
OP
rchandler9

rchandler9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
At this point it's still under Fords control. The dealer only get is when the car is delivered to the dealer. I would go to the Ford web site with my VIN and ask in a chat session what is going on. People in other threads here have done this for much more minor issues.
I just tried the chat again. I get nothing. They just give me a new estimated delivery date.

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT, 2020 Ford F150
It must be very frustrating, but personally Iā€™d wait it out a little bit longer

bmbl-bee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible
Doesn't sound right. Give Ford marketing a call at 800-334-4375. They might have some answers for you. I would think your dealer could check into it and find out what's up. Three months to ship a car is way out of the norm.

OP
OP
rchandler9

rchandler9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Doesn't sound right. Give Ford marketing a call at 800-334-4375. They might have some answers for you. I would think your dealer could check into it and find out what's up. Three months to ship a car is way out of the norm.
Have tried all of this with no luck! Always the same answer, ā€œwe donā€™t know, your estimated delivery date isā€¦ā€

SAL-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 EcoBoost Rapid Red
See if you can get your dealer to ask the Regional Manager for your area to investigate. As said before, this is WAY outside the norm...

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
I don't know if you can find this out but if you haven't asked, ask what the status is. Like awaiting pickup by what company or missing. I suspect they are paying a storage fee for something that has sat there for so long and it's a little strange nobody has really looked into it. If you can get the name of the hauler, I suspect they may be missing the paperwork to transfer the car. Ford may need to request the move again.

OP
OP
rchandler9

rchandler9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't know if you can find this out but if you haven't asked, ask what the status is. Like awaiting pickup by what company or missing. I suspect they are paying a storage fee for something that has sat there for so long and it's a little strange nobody has really looked into it. If you can get the name of the hauler, I suspect they may be missing the paperwork to transfer the car. Ford may need to request the move again.
Havenā€™t thought about them missing paperwork, but Ford would not give me the haulers information. It was like they didnā€™t even know themselves.

OP
OP
rchandler9

rchandler9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See if you can get your dealer to ask the Regional Manager for your area to investigate. As said before, this is WAY outside the norm...
I figured this is way outside the norm. Seems like my dealership is in no hurry though. My salesman just keeps telling me not to worry it will get here.

I have new for him, he better worry bc I may decide to buy a C8 instead with their prices dropping so fast.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Not to be upsetting, but there could be body or mechanical damage.

In transit, the car is Ford's. Any issues will be discussed and handled between Ford corporate and the shippers. The dealer will not have insight of any kind.

Extensive delays could involve insurance claims, Ford discussing the issue internally, differences between Ford and the shipper, repairs being made, etc.

Previous postings I've read, when the car does arrive, the Dealer will continue to have zero insight. No one, other than Ford and the shipper, will ever know what happened.

The car will present and be documented as new, with no title (brand new cars have no record). Car will have a full factory warranty, just like any other Ford.

OP
OP
rchandler9

rchandler9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not to be upsetting, but there could be body or mechanical damage.

In transit, the car is Ford's. Any issues will be between discussed and handled between Ford corporate and the shippers. The dealer will not have insight of any kind.

Extensive delays could involve insurance claims, Ford discussing the issue internally, differences between Ford and the shipper, repairs being made, etc.

Previous postings I've read, when the car does arrive, the Dealer will continue to have zero insight. No one, other than Ford and the shipper, will ever know what happened.
This is 100% what i am afraid of! There is no CARFAX before the car is sold. Ford can do whatever they want. I donā€™t want a car that has had issues or been wrecked.
Sponsored