• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

New GT 6-Sp manual owners - the clutch spring?

Will you be swapping out the factory clutch spring for the Steeda clutch spring/perch kit?

• Yes, I'll definately be swapping out the factory clutch spring

• No, the factory clutch spring is just fine

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
Wondering if any new S650 GT 6-Sp manual owners feel the Steeda clutch spring/perch kit is required?

Your opinion (vote) would be appreciated, along with a comment about if you are coming from an S550 6-Sp (with or without Steeda clutch spring), or if this is the first manual car for you in a while (like it will be for me).
Sponsored

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '00 Corvette
I have a '19 Bullitt, and I have adapted to the stock spring action. I presume I will experience the same feeling on my '24 DH with the manual and have no plans to change it. Hopefully those who do go the Steeda route will have smooth sailing and like the change.

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
I'm coming from a 3 on the tree with probably a good foot of clutch travel. This will be completely different, and obviously much sportier. Unless the clutch is super sloppy I'll be leaving it alone.

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT 6spd
On my 16 GT PP i just pulled the factory spring and drove like that. The S650 feels way better.

Killshot58

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Premium GT, Vapor Blue, Nite Pony Pkg
I just changed out the stock spring with the 35 lb. steeda spring and it makes a huge difference! The stock spring (98lbs) is much heavier and it kicks back a bit as your lifting your foot off of the clutch after shifting. Yes, you do get used to it after a while, but you shouldn't have to. Installing the new spring was a 10 minute job and well worth it. The shifting is much smoother. Go ahead and do it.

Nace.Oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Gt PP, 2021 Explorer
I had just did this last Saturday before a car show / cruise. I liked the change a lot. Side Note: I've always had issues with modern manuals and clutch "feel" so I've found myself always taking out the " delay valve / pill" or replacing with a braided line. I'm still on the fence for the braided line on this one.
Sponsored