• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Mustang Hoods

Wiley Marmot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Prem
No garage, GT sits outside all the time. 😔 So on warm/hot sunny days; like today..............I put a windshield blanket/screen (quilted 3 layer thing; black on one side; silver on the other)silver side out on the GT to protect the interior and keep heat build up down. The leading edge of the blanket has a couple of magnets woven into it which were NOT sticking to my hood at all. The hood doesn't sound at all like metal; (like the roof) when I tap on it.

Anyone know what our hoods are made of? Also; any other body panels made out of non metal? TY!
Sponsored

jimbo67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Matter, PP, NPP
No garage, GT sits outside all the time. 😔 So on warm/hot sunny days; like today..............I put a windshield blanket/screen (quilted 3 layer thing; black on one side; silver on the other)silver side out on the GT to protect the interior and keep heat build up down. The leading edge of the blanket has a couple of magnets woven into it which were NOT sticking to my hood at all. The hood doesn't sound at all like metal; (like the roof) when I tap on it.

Anyone know what our hoods are made of? Also; any other body panels made out of non metal? TY!
Hood is aluminum, everything else is steel. Previous gen had aluminum fenders.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Get good ceramic tint (all windows) to keep the UV rays and heat down/out.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wiley Marmot

Wiley Marmot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Prem
TY!

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
Invest in a nice car cover. Just use spray detailer to wipe it down before you throw the cover on…

Protects your trim… not just your interior

That being said would add the ceramic tint also… they make an option for the front window that isn’t darker but blocks out the UV rays

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
By chance are you covering the dash and screen or just the windshield from the outside? It’s the bacon (lol baking) in the sun that kills plastics and glue. Once had a rearview mirror (different manufacturer- purchased the vehicle brand spanking new so wasn’t some cheap replacement) come loose from being in the light too long. Combination of direct rays and internal heat build up (air tight) and sheesh don’t grab that fricking knob.

OP
OP
Wiley Marmot

Wiley Marmot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Prem
My blanket easily covers the entire windshield. Extending down onto the hood, up onto the roof, and over the A pillars.

And, you're right about the "targeting pod" :wink: (aka dash screen). DO NOT touch any black portion of that thing if it's been setting in the sun!
Sponsored