• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Mmd duck tail from s550 on an s650 fitment check

Mr Hyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
I got a steal on an mmd duck tail for 44 bucks. Going to see if it fits the s650 mounting points and if any reasonable modifications need to be done to retro fit the spoiler. The lack of aftermarket for the my24 is astounding.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Mr Hyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
Waiting on the part to arrive today from am. Going to see how it fits this weekend is all goes well. It's velocity blue and not atlas blue so if it fits it's getting sent out for paint

OP
OP

Mr Hyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
As you can see from the test placement it does fit more or less. The problem is mmd cheaped out and now has the bottom open and you need to use a cauk gun sized tube of adhesive. Gone are the outer alignment nutzerts it basically gets permabonded to the deck lid. Going to have to see if I can scratch fab a mounting solution

Magic88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
As you can see from the test placement it does fit more or less. The problem is mmd cheaped out and now has the bottom open and you need to use a cauk gun sized tube of adhesive. Gone are the outer alignment nutzerts it basically gets permabonded to the deck lid. Going to have to see if I can scratch fab a mounting solution
Wow, I think that's going to look great if you can figure out how to attach it to the car.

Word of advice, don't use a bunch of screws to attach it to the current spoiler👍🏿

OP
OP

Mr Hyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
Lol good advice lol. I was just checking for width and fitment. Probably going to measure in inner depth width and length and 3d print a bottom then place a threaded nutzerts in the spoiler to attach like the factory one. Funny thing is that spoiler is supposed to be lightning blue. ITs an almost exact match to the cars atlas blue.

Magic88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Lol good advice lol. I was just checking for width and fitment. Probably going to measure in inner depth width and length and 3d print a bottom then place a threaded nutzerts in the spoiler to attach like the factory one. Funny thing is that spoiler is supposed to be lightning blue. ITs an almost exact match to the cars atlas blue.
Sounds like you've got it figured out, please share pics once complete. I think it's awesome, great idea!

POHLHAMMER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Not to sound like a jerk , but my opinion is that it does not look good. Clashes with the already angled trunk lid. Looks like bad eyelashes to me. It does look nice from the front, but the back is not good imo.

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
Not to sound like a jerk , but my opinion is that it does not look good. Clashes with the already angled trunk lid. Looks like bad eyelashes to me. It does look nice from the front, but the back is not good imo.
Im with you....

But with that ...."thing" blocking half the view on his rear window......I think he is going for a different look then what some might like...

For me personally- that thing on his back window is way too busy - and I think the spoiler clashes and makes it too busy also....

But for someone into that "look" I guess to each their own....

S650 Mustang Mmd duck tail from s550 on an s650 fitment check 1716573148501-4f
S650 Mustang Mmd duck tail from s550 on an s650 fitment check 1716573097166-jo

WhiteMonster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT