• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Manual Transmission Hill Hold Assist - changes clutch bite point?

dirtgnome

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
I turned on the hill hold assist feature for the first time and noticed the clutch bite point feels different with it off. Usually, the bite point seems to be around 30-40% when I slowly let off the clutch, but with hill hold assist, it now feels around 60-70%. This is my first manual so it might be I just suck at this, but anyone else having this issue or is this normal?
Sponsored

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Are you saying while the indicator is indicating?​

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
I turned on the hill hold assist feature for the first time and noticed the clutch bite point feels different with it off. Usually, the bite point seems to be around 30-40% when I slowly let off the clutch, but with hill hold assist, it now feels around 60-70%. This is my first manual so it might be I just suck at this, but anyone else having this issue or is this normal?
I have it. It's not the bite point, but when the car decides to let go of the brakes. You have to give it more torque than without hill assist enabled.

LoWeLL216

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I have it. It's not the bite point, but when the car decides to let go of the brakes. You have to give it more torque than without hill assist enabled.
Exactly this. You just need to give it a little more gas to "drive through" the hill assist. It works surprisingly well - reminds me of my Harley hill assist.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
It's not the bite point, but when the car decides to let go of the brakes.
You just need to give it a little more gas to "drive through" the hill assist.
^ These.

Early on driving my car, something seemed odd. I wasn't aware of the feature, but could tell the brakes were holding certain times (pointed "up" on a hill or slope). Scrolling through the menus, I found it. And turned it off.

Hill Assist is enabled by default.

I prefer to drive without the feature. It felt "weird" using it. YMMV.
Sponsored

Last edited: