• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

OP
OP
Carter1776

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Atlas Blue
You young kids and your love for black wheels, yuck ๐Ÿคฃ
I think it's the conflict of the primary color that causes me to prefer black wheels the majority of the time. Chrome and gun metal Grey wheels have their place but I feel like blue goes good with black. Red and chrome isn't bad, white can pair well with chrome and silver. But you are right, at 24yrs old, I am a young buck ๐Ÿ˜‚, once I hit the ripe age of 35 I'm sure it'll click and I'll buy some chrome wheels with spinners ๐Ÿ˜‚
Sponsored

Magic88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I think it's the conflict of the primary color that causes me to prefer black wheels the majority of the time. Chrome and gun metal Grey wheels have their place but I feel like blue goes good with black. Red and chrome isn't bad, white can pair well with chrome and silver. But you are right, at 24yrs old, I am a young buck ๐Ÿ˜‚, once I hit the ripe age of 35 I'm sure it'll click and I'll buy some chrome wheels with spinners ๐Ÿ˜‚
It's totally an age thing, I swear! I feel a nice chrome wheel or brushed silver makes the blue pop. Black just disappears into the tire, and if you don't keep your tires clean and shined up, tires look brown to the black wheel. Once you start getting AARP letters in the mail, you'll know better, ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚.

Fyi, love your car, just love mine a little better, haha

OP
OP
Carter1776

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Atlas Blue
It's totally an age thing, I swear! I feel a nice chrome wheel or brushed silver makes the blue pop. Black just disappears into the tire, and if you don't keep your tires clean and shined up, tires look brown to the black wheel. Once you start getting AARP letters in the mail, you'll know better, ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚.

To be fair, I highly considered nearly the same exact wheel as yours for a while, color and all, but something about seeing the VF10s on the yellow splash GT when they first dropped caught my eye and I couldn't sway myself away. Your car is super nice, kinda cool seeing what my other option would have looked like lol

Magic88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
To be fair, I highly considered nearly the same exact wheel as yours for a while, color and all, but something about seeing the VF10s on the yellow splash GT when they first dropped caught my eye and I couldn't sway myself away. Your car is super nice, kinda cool seeing what my other option would have looked like lol
Agreed, your car would have looked really cool with silver wheels, lol.

You've done a fantastic job designing your car the way you wanted it. I wouldn't kick it out of bed for eating crackers

KABStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang GT convertible, 2024 Mustang GT conv.

I totally agree with you. I have been active in a couple of Mustang clubs for a few years and for the most part, guys over 40 (I am in my 60s) prefer chrome, silver wheels, and a lot of those under 50 prefer black wheels. I agree that certain colours and trim look better with black wheels, but generally prefer silver or chrome wheels. Here is a picture of my 2003. I dont think black wheels would look as good.
S650 Mustang Making it Mine update: 2024 Mustang GT Atlas Blue build IMG_5330

Magic88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I totally agree with you. I have been active in a couple of Mustang clubs for a few years and for the most part, guys over 40 (I am in my 60s) prefer chrome, silver wheels, and a lot of those under 50 prefer black wheels. I agree that certain colours and trim look better with black wheels, but generally prefer silver or chrome wheels. Here is a picture of my 2003. I dont think black wheels would look as good.
IMG_5330.jpeg
Right in my wheelhouse, absolutely gorgeous. Checking in at almost 51, haha.
Sponsored