• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Lower K Member/Cross Member For S650

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Pinging the parts god @roket (hopefully the right person)

I have a GT Prem w/o the performance pack and am looking to add the Strut tower bar, Cowl brace, firewall reinforcement, and lower K member from this post on Mustang6G

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...extension-lower-k-brace-install-guide.100800/

I’m fairly confident the strut+cowl+extension will fit with no issue although I’m not sure.

however looking at the underside of the S650, the Lower cross member and accompanying insulation panel do not look the same. Here is the S550 lower k member. Is this the same for the S650? What about the insulation panel for oil filter access? Thanks to anyone that could help!
https://parts.levittownfordparts.com/oem-parts/ford-lower-cross-member-fr3z5025a
Sponsored

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
i have bad news and good news
the bad news:

that lower crossmember is a new part, PR3Z-5025-A, and there is only one of them
S650 Mustang Lower K Member/Cross Member For S650 1709758581800

in fact, the whole front frame is a new part number (PR3Z-5C145-A GT/DH, PR3Z-5C145-B EB). the undertray is also completely new, not even sharing a base part number with the S550. the new undertrays also have no access panels for the oil filter on any trim

the good news:

if you're looking for an undertray that increases the airflow to the brakes, you can swap this on from the GTPP PR3Z-8310-C, or if you're willing to take a risk on it possibly not fitting, heres the Dark Horse one PR3Z-8310-H. that Ford Performance part M-20201-MA will also fit the 2024 Mustangs, according to Ford Performance themselves

OP
OP
Interstellar

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
So I wonder if that part above would fit with the non-PP undertray. Anyone have a pic under the car?

@roket any ide if that cross member above is on just the GT PP?

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
So I wonder if that part above would fit with the non-PP undertray. Anyone have a pic under the car?

@roket any ide if that cross member above is on just the GT PP?
there is only one of those parts for EB, GT, GTPP, and DH. you already have it

OP
OP
Interstellar

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Interesting. I wonder what additional bracing is done on the front then for PP cars other than the strut bar and cowl brace @roket

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
Interesting. I wonder what additional bracing is done on the front then for PP cars other than the strut bar and cowl brace @roket
in terms of front chassis bracing, it seems like the only difference on GTPP vs Non-GTPP is the presence of a strut tower brace
Sponsored