• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Lethal Performance - UPR Products Oil Catch Can for S650!

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP, 2003 Cobra Yote Swapped, Braptor!
Today, Jared takes our 2024 Mustang GT to Steve (AKA The Catch Can Man) at UPR Products in Lake Worth, FL for the development and testing of the all new Catch Can systems for the S650 Mustangs.

Steve goes into the development process and talks about the differences between the S550 Catch Can kits, as well as the changes made to the S650 Kits.

Of course, UPR makes more than Catch Cans, so Steve also got us fitted out with a bunch of UPR Accessories, making sure they work for the S650 as well.

Sponsored

stevev201

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Perfomance GT. 2023 Silverado ZR2
I just installed UPRs new 2024 catch can on my car. MIne is on the "dirty side" aka passenger side of the car. The parts and workmanship are all first class. Having bought many of these over the past few years I can say this is the nicest I have seen. Only small issue I have is "if" your car has the strut tower brace as mine does, the can sits under neath it a bit which will make it harder to open it up and check it for contents once in a while. Not a huge issue and UPR is sending me a smaller bolt that will make it easier to take the can off the bracket to check. Super nice product and the service from UPR has been great.

goodlettjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I just installed UPRs new 2024 catch can on my car. MIne is on the "dirty side" aka passenger side of the car. The parts and workmanship are all first class. Having bought many of these over the past few years I can say this is the nicest I have seen. Only small issue I have is "if" your car has the strut tower brace as mine does, the can sits under neath it a bit which will make it harder to open it up and check it for contents once in a while. Not a huge issue and UPR is sending me a smaller bolt that will make it easier to take the can off the bracket to check. Super nice product and the service from UPR has been great.
Please give us updates on the frequency / amount that you have to service it and oil in it as time goes on.

stevev201

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Perfomance GT. 2023 Silverado ZR2
Yes I will be happy to report back. I'm as interested as you to see how often it needs to be dumped.

JakeLethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 RCSB 5.0
Today, Jared takes our 2024 Mustang GT to Steve (AKA The Catch Can Man) at UPR Products in Lake Worth, FL for the development and testing of the all new Catch Can systems for the S650 Mustangs.

Steve goes into the development process and talks about the differences between the S550 Catch Can kits, as well as the changes made to the S650 Kits.

Of course, UPR makes more than Catch Cans, so Steve also got us fitted out with a bunch of UPR Accessories, making sure they work for the S650 as well.

So, does the catch can actually work?

It's been a little over a month and a few hundred miles since we got the UPR Catch Cans installed on our 2024 Mustang GT. Now it's time to check 'em to see if they actually work!

Check out the latest video!

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
Just ordered my catch can from Lethal. I will update once I install and then dump it the first time. With the direct injection doing the bulk of the work I don't trust the port injection to keep the back of the intake valves clean enough. Anybody else beside @stevev201 install one yet? His review was excellent. Curious other's experience.

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just ordered my catch can from Lethal. I will update once I install and then dump it the first time. With the direct injection doing the bulk of the work I don't trust the port injection to keep the back of the intake valves clean enough. Anybody else beside @stevev201 install one yet? His review was excellent. Curious other's experience.
Thanks for your business! Definitely keep us updated on how it works out for you. Ours has been working great for us and captured a bunch of oil in just a few weeks of driving.

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
Catch can installed! Extremely easy (despite no installation instructions... thanks YouTube for a video although the video had some additional parts mine did not come with) although with the strut tower brace it took a little more finesse to get it installed without removing the brace. Looks like a quality product and I'm excited to see how much junk I capture. I do wish there was a way to empty it without removing it from the car, but the engine bay is just too cramped not to remove it to empty it. The best part is no drilling and easy to convert back to regular PCV system if you had to. Took about 5 minutes for the actual install. One washer fell down the engine bay and I never found it. Used a spare washer I had lying around. Maybe this weekend I'll get back under the hood and see if with driving it moved into a position where I can grab it with a magnet.

S650 Mustang Lethal Performance - UPR Products Oil Catch Can for S650! PXL_20231115_193245848

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stopped by UPR on Friday so Steve the Catch Can Man could get the catch can setup mapped out for our customers who will be getting the Whipple Supercharger. We’ve got a video of it being edited now but here’s a pic of the setup which came out great. We’ll have these listed on the site shortly.
S650 Mustang Lethal Performance - UPR Products Oil Catch Can for S650! IMG_1667

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 mustang (ordered), 22 F-150 Platinum, 22 Bronco
Like shortly tonight…. Or like shortly like when the Whipple’s start to ship shortly?! 🤣

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last edited: