• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Labor's fuel efficiency "tax"

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
Here we go.
A fuel efficiency tax, to push the public towards EVs.
Because EVs are going to save the world. Right?

EVs, of course, that are only ever charged during the day from solar etc or other renewables, never by conventional base load generation.

The ALP is targeting 141g/km as a starting point.

For some reason the media is referring to this as a Ute tax, but a 2024 Mustang GT manual creates 310 g/km whilst the auto is 295 g/km, well over the targets.

https://www.afr.com/politics/federa...will-cost-38b-auto-group-says-20240208-p5f3j6

S650 Mustang Labor's fuel efficiency "tax" Screenshot_20240214_185912_Samsung Internet
Sponsored

OP
OP
5.0ALM

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

ZBOBMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible
Was in my parking garage and parked next to the designated EV parking station but not in a designated EV parking spot. EVer ran over to me and demanded I move my car to allow her to charge her car. Told her she needs to go to another floor and find a charging station. Her response was the the EV stations on the other floors are out of order. EVers seem to be very pretentious.

Deano1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 GT ordered, awaiting allocation
Just a way to cover the shortfall in fuel excise, then greenwashing it under an environmental banner to make it more palatable to punters.

Albo should be thanking Stang owners for lining their coffers

Deano1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What would be cost of this change? Does it only apply to first registration or every year after Jan 1 2025?

trumpeteer_au

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rapid Red GT Auto
What would be cost of this change? Does it only apply to first registration or every year after Jan 1 2025?
No, it's an up front tax on the manufacturer.

Labor never met a tax it didn't like.

The fact that it can greenwash it's policy was just an unintended bonus.

trumpeteer_au

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rapid Red GT Auto
Here we go.
A fuel efficiency tax, to push the public towards EVs.
Because EVs are going to save the world. Right?

EVs, of course, that are only ever charged during the day from solar etc or other renewables, never by conventional base load generation.

The ALP is targeting 141g/km as a starting point.

For some reason the media is referring to this as a Ute tax, but a 2024 Mustang GT manual creates 310 g/km whilst the auto is 295 g/km, well over the targets.

https://www.afr.com/politics/federa...will-cost-38b-auto-group-says-20240208-p5f3j6

Screenshot_20240214_185912_Samsung Internet.jpg
And then when EV's are the only available choice, they'll be gloating that they did the right thing because look how popular EV's are.

Deano1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ppl like me better hope we get our GT before Jan 1 2025 otherwise its prob gonna push my order into the 100k+ range (currently 92k)

OP
OP
5.0ALM

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like this guy!
He calls a spade, a spade.

Published yesterday:

Deano1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IMO Aus should significantly lag EU, Asia and the US when it comes to emmissions policies. Our contribution to global emissions is a sparrow's fart compared to the above. I'm not a denier or anything but it doesn't make sense from an environmental, social or economic POV.

Let the big polluters be the guinea pigs spending trillions on tech development and going through infrastructure upheval figuring out the best balance between green and dirty energy and transport etc...

We should just be sitting back, keeping an eye on things ready to jump onto the solution that suits us best at the right price for the right environmental benefit.

If we jump on now as early adopters of stringent policies or new tech we're paying well over odds for something that might not lead anywhere or make a difference environmentally.
Sponsored