• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Insane 0-60

Status
Not open for further replies.

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F250 Super Duty SOLD
It wasn't 2 second. it was 2.7 which is almost 3 seconds. The time is also a little off because it's not based off a start light but instead when the car starts to roll.
S650 Mustang Insane 0-60 IMG_2999

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My guess is that the car read the tires spinning as a speed faster than it actually going.
That’s my guess also, I have done a 2.4 0-60 in my manual 392 challenger according to the onboard data. Obviously that’s bs my best actual 0-60 is 4.5

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
My guess is that the car read the tires spinning as a speed faster than it actually going.
That's why I joked about him using very small diameter tires. But I'm guessing it's more a problem with the tracking app, unfortunately.

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6
Maybe on a dyno run? 🤫

ElektroSmokes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT, 2016 Ecoboost, 2021 GT
I had to register only to post in this thread. My problem with the OP is that he actually believes what the car is telling him.

Hey OP, were you accelerating down a 45 degree slope? No? Well, I'm sorry to tell you, but the car doesn't have the power/gearing/traction to come anywhere close to what you're seeing.

So, you were either falling off of a cliff, or the car is giving you false info. That's it, that's all.

I thought these cars used front wheel speed sensors for this metric, to eliminate wheel spin skewing results?

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
Wind resistance wouldn't be much of a factor at 60 miles an hour and much less at lower speeds.

As for the AC, starting in 1982 Ford rigged the compressor so it would disconnect under hard acceleration. It was a big deal back then because the engine didn't have that much power and everything counted.

As for stock tires, they have been getting much better over the years. I ran Goodyear gaderback 145/45Zr17 and it was incredible how sticky they were compared to older tires. The trick here is when he came off the clutch, he didn't break the tires loose. Once the tires slip your times end up in the trash. That is one of the reason Autos often turn in good time is because the clutch doesn't grab. The problem with an auto is you don't mash on the gas. Instead you need to put your left foot on the brake and right on the gas. Next bring the engine up and then release the brake. It can be hard on the transmission so Ford placed limits on power under these conditions.

He knew what he was doing and did it exactly right. I suspect that when others get through the break in period we will see others duplicating the feat.

No No No No No No No

The only way you are getting a stock Mustang GT to do under 3 seconds 0-60 is if you drop it off a cliff......

My car is faster than a 6 speed 24 GT - heck there is a video out there where a GT350 walks a DH- my car is faster than the base GT350 - I mean Im 200 pounds lighter and putting down almost 40rwhp more- and there is NO way my car will EVER EVER EVER do 0-60 in 3 seconds.....I'm guessing anyone who believes his time has not ever driven a super/hyper or built car... and that's a dig at my car too as my car is definitely nowhere near 0 to 60 in 3 seconds much less 2.7

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
I have not stated if the OP is telling the truth or not because I didn't witness the event but I think it might have happened as stated. Let's start with some numbers.
Say the car weighs 3,800 pounds
The stated speed is 60 miles per hour.
The power required to do this would be 172,2313 Watt hours or 620,000 watt seconds
A horse power is 745 watts
Guesstimating the average horse power during the run is 300 horses, for one second, you deliver 223,500 watt seconds.
For the 2.7 second run, that would be about 603,450 watt seconds which is close to the 620,000 watt seconds required for the run.
I am making a lot of assumptions however I am pretty sure my numbers are close to the exact numbers for the run.
You are free to check my calculations and if you find an error, let me know but the horse power should be there to do what the OP stated.

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have not stated if the OP is telling the truth or not because I didn't witness the event but I think it might have happened as stated. Let's start with some numbers.
Say the car weighs 3,800 pounds
The stated speed is 60 miles per hour.
The power required to do this would be 172,2313 Watt hours or 620,000 watt seconds
A horse power is 745 watts
Guesstimating the average horse power during the run is 300 horses, for one second, you deliver 223,500 watt seconds.
For the 2.7 second run, that would be about 603,450 watt seconds which is close to the 620,000 watt seconds required for the run.
I am making a lot of assumptions however I am pretty sure my numbers are close to the exact numbers for the run.
You are free to check my calculations and if you find an error, let me know but the horse power should be there to do what the OP stated.
The C8 corvette which weighs less, makes more power, is mid engined, has a dct, and better tires still can only manage a 2.8 0-60 you can crunch numbers till the cows come home sunshine. Anyone who has even the slightest car knowledge knows what op posted is impossible.

Luckydog7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Hotse
That's an impressive 0-60 time and looking forward to trying to match that.

Mike2xz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Dark Horse, '23 Prius 🤣
Maybe this is because I'm newer, but how did this post turn so toxic? Sure the guy may have been going down a slope, or had weight reduction, or something else to make this insane time, but why can't everyone just say cool and move on? We know these cars are not this fast stock, just let the guy enjoy his new car 🤣

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
The C8 corvette which weighs less, makes more power, is mid engined, has a dct, and better tires still can only manage a 2.8 0-60 you can crunch numbers till the cows come home sunshine. Anyone who has even the slightest car knowledge knows what op posted is impossible.
There is a lot that goes into those numbers. The torque curve, shift speed, number of gear changes, transmission ratios, road surface and most important driver skill. These are literally back of the envelop calculations (it was the first piece of paper at hand). The numbers say it could be done. Always remember it's impossible until somebody proves it isn't. Look at the name of the thread. Even the OP is a little shocked by the results. As for me, I still have under 80 miles on my car and it definitely wants to run. it will be interesting when I am comfortable pushing harder.
Believe what you want but I suspect we may see more threads posing results like this. Ford might have hit on the magical combination in this generation.

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
There is a lot that goes into those numbers. The torque curve, shift speed, number of gear changes, transmission ratios, road surface and most important driver skill. These are literally back of the envelop calculations (it was the first piece of paper at hand). The numbers say it could be done. Always remember it's impossible until somebody proves it isn't. Look at the name of the thread. Even the OP is a little shocked by the results. As for me, I still have under 80 miles on my car and it definitely wants to run. it will be interesting when I am comfortable pushing harder.
Believe what you want but I suspect we may see more threads posing results like this. Ford might have hit on the magical combination in this generation.
Nope. I wish it was as simple as a mathematical calculation. I really do. But that's not the way cars work.

I've have a mathematics background and have been drag racing for decades.

Many have tried to come up with a program that would estimate acceleration times but all have failed.

We fight back against this craziness because we Mustang owners all ready have a bad reputation as it is with crashing at cars and coffees ..

We all love our cars but we are trying to help the OP out ...because if you go to a car meet and start telling people crazy things like your car is .5 seconds to 60 faster then the 760hp gt500 with super sticky sport cup 2s ... and people are going to think you are crazy ...

People are going to make fun of him either to his face or behind his back. We are trying to help him. Let's call this tough love.

There are many examples of the 0 to 60 timer in these cars being wrong.

Breaking in a motor is not going to net you a 2 second gain 0 to 60.

We have all ready seen a dyno on a broken in Dark Horse it pretty much read the same as all the other dynos.

If the magazine are all getting 4.3 with a one foot roll out... I mean if he came in here and said 3.7 it would be one thing... but 2.7 is simply not achievable.

I drove a 24 GT today... as I mentioned I've driven my buddies 650hp mid engine super cars that do 0 to 60 in the high 2s .. and the 24 Mustang... and my GT350R are not even remotely close in acceleration off the line...
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.