• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

How to answer the phone or make a call?

GKman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
So how the heck do you answer the phone or make a call? The manual says to push the phone button. Don't think there is one.
Sponsored

Aramis76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Yep, i think that's something they failed.

So far, you can make a call with the voice button and say who you want to call, or use the screen.

Hanging up is the big problem. No button you have to either wait for the call to drop or look at the screen to find the end-call button. That's not very safe...

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
I haven't tried it on my car yet but I think you use the right OK button to accept and terminate a call. Last week I set the phone up on my moms edge and while it had phone buttons, the OK button was the simplest way to train my mom how to use it. She is pretty sharp but gadgets are her weakness so I keep it simple whenever possible.

Aramis76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Pretty sure i tried the ok button and it didn't work but let me know how it works on your side

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
So how the heck do you answer the phone or make a call? The manual says to push the phone button. Don't think there is one.
There's a phone button on the Infotainment Screen.

Also, I'm sure you can end the call with voice command as well.

StickyRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium 400A AE B&O
I can hit okay to accept calls. But I do use android auto so not sure if it applies across the board. As for ending a call, I only use the middle screen...

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
I haven't tried making a call yet and probably won't but I had a incoming call and I answered it by hitting the OK button on the right side of the wheel. I didn't touch either the phone or the radio. I have a Dark Horse delivery two weeks ago and an iPhone.
If you touch either the phone or the radio it will disrupt the process and probably will not allow the system to function correctly.

AaronTV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2021 Bronco Reservation
Anyone have any more input on this? I use Android Auto and am currently baffled by the apparent lack of any way to answer or hang up calls from the steering wheel.

My Bronco has one button that does both depending on context and the s550 had buttons for this.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
An example of the efficiency of complexity.

Aramis76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I hope someone at Ford knows how massively they dropped the ball on this one.

It's actually a safety issue.

Currently if i'm finishing a call and i'm not in a position to take my eyes off the road to look for the hang-up button on the screen, i have to let the call drop by itself when the other person hangs-up.
But if i tried calling someone and ended up in an answering service, it won't drop.

I hope they fix that with a software update.

@Ford Motor Company are you even paying attention?

infinitemberstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse - Blue Ember - MT
Bump!
I had to reject a call, end a call and also make a call today and I was searching for the buttons!

The owners manual says click the whole button in the wheel, but there is none!

S650 Mustang How to answer the phone or make a call? IMG_2511

ended up using the middle screen! Bug!!

JOEG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 C8 ,
I can hit okay to accept calls. But I do use android auto so not sure if it applies across the board. As for ending a call, I only use the middle screen...

See step 4 Below, Hold the OK for a few seconds. I think that will work.
Let us know.

How to make and receive hands-free calls with SYNC with Voice-Activated Navigation

1. To make a hands-free call, press or pull the Voice button. You’ll hear a tone that indicates SYNC is listening. ...
  2. Say “Phone.” ...
  3. Say your choice to confirm your selection. ...
  4. To end your call, press and hold the Phone button or End Call button for a few seconds.
  5. To receive a hands-free call, press the Phone or End Call button and begin speaking. ...

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
See step 4 Below, Hold the OK for a few seconds. I think that will work.
Let us know.

How to make and receive hands-free calls with SYNC with Voice-Activated Navigation

1. To make a hands-free call, press or pull the Voice button. You’ll hear a tone that indicates SYNC is listening. ...
  2. Say “Phone.” ...
  3. Say your choice to confirm your selection. ...
  4. To end your call, press and hold the Phone button or End Call button for a few seconds.
  5. To receive a hands-free call, press the Phone or End Call button and begin speaking. ...
Does your S650 have a "phone" or "end call" button? Mine doesn't have one on the steering wheel, unlike my S550. So while the manual talks about the button, none exists.

JOEG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 C8 ,
Does your S650 have a "phone" or "end call" button? Mine doesn't have one on the steering wheel, unlike my S550. So while the manual talks about the button, none exists.
I thought I used the OK button to do this. In self-defense I haven't driven the car for about 5 months. I maybe Full of S****. My Other vehicles have a button.
Thanks for correcting me.