• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

GT Build & Budget Choices, Inconsistencies

jnj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Hello All, thought it would be useful to share what I went through to pick a build, budget choices and some inconsistencies I came across when doing my build. I live in the Vancouver area, BC, Canada.

Order Date: Aug 29th

Build Summary:

- Model: Mustang GT Base
- Transmission: Manual
- Equipment Group: 300A
- Exterior Color: Vapor Blue
- Interior Color: Space Grey
- Optionals:
- Nite Pony Package
- Active Valve Performance Exhaust
- All Weather Mats
- Cargo Protector

Dealer additionals:
- Ford Performance Short Shifter+ Shift Knob

Color Picking
This was the hardest part. I really liked both Grabber Blue and Vapor Blue. I spent several hours looking into different videos/pictures and I came to the conclusion I like both equally. The decision to go with Vapor Blue was mostly because its a unique color of this Mustang generation, looks different under different lightnings and may have more buyers interested when it's time to sell the car. Also, I think Vapor Blue goes better with black wheels and black accents. Grabber Blue goes better with chrome accents and I am not a fan of chrome.
I was thinking about going with the black stripes with grey accents, but I wonder the long term implications to the paint if I decide to remove them in a few years, so I skipped it.

Base vs Premium
I would really like to have the Recaro Seats and Premium Sound. Those are the only two things that got me thinking about going premium. I know there is a ton of other cool stuff but I don't think they worth the huge price jump. This is just my personal opinion, everyone is different and like different things, I totally respect that. Premium would make sense if I would fully load with many optionals but If I had to go more than base, I would go with a Dark Horse, not a premium. Where I live, if you go over $55,000, you hit the tax threshold, going from 12% tax to 15%, so I decided to keep my car under the 12% range.

Performance Package vs Nite Pony Package
Really wanted the performance package, but adding that alone would take the car MSRP to above $55,000 CAD, which is the threshold to bump the taxes from 12% to 15%. So I went with the Nite Pony Package for the 19" wheels and black badges. Not a fan of black top roof and black headlight benzels, but you can't opt them out.

Brembo Breaks
This is been really inconsistent. I see a lot of videos on Base GT that have brembo breaks with white painted calipers on the standard 18" wheels. When you go to Ford Website, it says you don't get them on Base GT standard, you need to add the Brembo Package, which now doesn't need the Performance Package. The problem is that it requires at least the Nite Pony Package, you can't have them in the standard wheels. I called the dealer to check if in their ordering system they would be able to do it. They tried but no luck, their system also requires the Nite Pony Package or Performance Package. Even if you go with the cheapest prerequisite (Nite Pony Package), the total price goes over $55,000 and that takes the tax to 15%, so did not opt for them.
I wonder if my GT base will come with the white painter break caliper or not. I honestly have no idea. Does anybody knows?

Videos where you can see the Brembos on Base GT with White calipers:

Wheels
Here's another inconsistent part of the build tools vs reality. I see some videos/pictures of people getting the Performance Package wheels (19" Carbonized Grey-painted Aluminum Wheels) and tires without the performance package. When you go to Ford's website, you have no option for this. I called the dealership to see if they have this as an option in their ordering system but again the answer was no. They system pretty much matches the rules from the website. They have no idea how some cars had them without the performance package.
Anyway, I don't like the 18" standard, which os the reason I went with the Nite Pony Package. I think getting 19" wheels, tires, black badges for that price was a worth it. I will still have to eventually get another set of wheels to have summer amd winter tires available.

Active Valve Performance Exhaust
A must for me, as I live in a suburban area and I like to respect my neighbors. I plan to turn it louder once I leave the area. Also the quad tip looks really nice.

My list of mods/accessories to be done first:
- Ceramic Clear Coat
- Paint Protection Film on front/rear bumper, fenders and hood
- Mud Guards. Something small that protects the paint.
- Scrape Guard for the front bumper
- Turn off modem connectivity option and turn off fuse #8 to deactivate telematics box. I don't want Ford to know exactly my speed and location. I had Ford Connect App in the past with a F150. Really cool to use for the first few weeks, then you loose interest and never used again.
- Leather Seat Covers. I plan to add some nice sport seats in the future (Recaro or other brands), but for now I just want to protect the original ones. Looking into this one: GIANT PANDA Customized Full Set Car Seat Covers Fit Ford Mustang Coupe Hardtop 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 2024- (Black) https://a.co/d/c5KkooR
- Wing Spoiler. Waiting to see how much the Ford Performance Wing or Dark Horse wing will cost. Or upcoming aftermarket ones. I did not really likes the RTR duckbill one, but maybe it will grow on me.

It would be nice to hear any suggestions if anything could be done to improve my order as I think there is still time to change it. I will add it to the order list tomorrow once I fill up the form.

Sorry for the long post, please see potato attached (just an internet tradition for long posts)

S650 Mustang GT Build & Budget Choices, Inconsistencies 4pNDfd5CDT-2
Sponsored

Smaaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Accord
Hello All, thought it would be useful to share what I went through to pick a build, budget choices and some inconsistencies I came across when doing my build. I live in the Vancouver area, BC, Canada.

Order Date: Aug 29th

Build Summary:

- Model: Mustang GT Base
- Transmission: Manual
- Equipment Group: 300A
- Exterior Color: Vapor Blue
- Interior Color: Space Grey
- Optionals:
- Nite Pony Package
- Active Valve Performance Exhaust
- All Weather Mats
- Cargo Protector

Dealer additionals:
- Ford Performance Short Shifter+ Shift Knob

Color Picking
This was the hardest part. I really liked both Grabber Blue and Vapor Blue. I spent several hours looking into different videos/pictures and I came to the conclusion I like both equally. The decision to go with Vapor Blue was mostly because its a unique color of this Mustang generation, looks different under different lightnings and may have more buyers interested when it's time to sell the car. Also, I think Vapor Blue goes better with black wheels and black accents. Grabber Blue goes better with chrome accents and I am not a fan of chrome.
I was thinking about going with the black stripes with grey accents, but I wonder the long term implications to the paint if I decide to remove them in a few years, so I skipped it.

Base vs Premium
I would really like to have the Recaro Seats and Premium Sound. Those are the only two things that got me thinking about going premium. I know there is a ton of other cool stuff but I don't think they worth the huge price jump. This is just my personal opinion, everyone is different and like different things, I totally respect that. Premium would make sense if I would fully load with many optionals but If I had to go more than base, I would go with a Dark Horse, not a premium. Where I live, if you go over $55,000, you hit the tax threshold, going from 12% tax to 15%, so I decided to keep my car under the 12% range.

Performance Package vs Nite Pony Package
Really wanted the performance package, but adding that alone would take the car MSRP to above $55,000 CAD, which is the threshold to bump the taxes from 12% to 15%. So I went with the Nite Pony Package for the 19" wheels and black badges. Not a fan of black top roof and black headlight benzels, but you can't opt them out.

Brembo Breaks
This is been really inconsistent. I see a lot of videos on Base GT that have brembo breaks with white painted calipers on the standard 18" wheels. When you go to Ford Website, it says you don't get them on Base GT standard, you need to add the Brembo Package, which now doesn't need the Performance Package. The problem is that it requires at least the Nite Pony Package, you can't have them in the standard wheels. I called the dealer to check if in their ordering system they would be able to do it. They tried but no luck, their system also requires the Nite Pony Package or Performance Package. Even if you go with the cheapest prerequisite (Nite Pony Package), the total price goes over $55,000 and that takes the tax to 15%, so did not opt for them.
I wonder if my GT base will come with the white painter break caliper or not. I honestly have no idea. Does anybody knows?

Videos where you can see the Brembos on Base GT with White calipers:

Wheels
Here's another inconsistent part of the build tools vs reality. I see some videos/pictures of people getting the Performance Package wheels (19" Carbonized Grey-painted Aluminum Wheels) and tires without the performance package. When you go to Ford's website, you have no option for this. I called the dealership to see if they have this as an option in their ordering system but again the answer was no. They system pretty much matches the rules from the website. They have no idea how some cars had them without the performance package.
Anyway, I don't like the 18" standard, which os the reason I went with the Nite Pony Package. I think getting 19" wheels, tires, black badges for that price was a worth it. I will still have to eventually get another set of wheels to have summer amd winter tires available.

Active Valve Performance Exhaust
A must for me, as I live in a suburban area and I like to respect my neighbors. I plan to turn it louder once I leave the area. Also the quad tip looks really nice.

My list of mods/accessories to be done first:
- Ceramic Clear Coat
- Paint Protection Film on front/rear bumper, fenders and hood
- Mud Guards. Something small that protects the paint.
- Scrape Guard for the front bumper
- Turn off modem connectivity option and turn off fuse #8 to deactivate telematics box. I don't want Ford to know exactly my speed and location. I had Ford Connect App in the past with a F150. Really cool to use for the first few weeks, then you loose interest and never used again.
- Leather Seat Covers. I plan to add some nice sport seats in the future (Recaro or other brands), but for now I just want to protect the original ones. Looking into this one: GIANT PANDA Customized Full Set Car Seat Covers Fit Ford Mustang Coupe Hardtop 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 2024- (Black) https://a.co/d/c5KkooR
- Wing Spoiler. Waiting to see how much the Ford Performance Wing or Dark Horse wing will cost. Or upcoming aftermarket ones. I did not really likes the RTR duckbill one, but maybe it will grow on me.

It would be nice to hear any suggestions if anything could be done to improve my order as I think there is still time to change it. I will add it to the order list tomorrow once I fill up the form.

Sorry for the long post, please see potato attached (just an internet tradition for long posts)

4pNDfd5CDT-2.png
The base model brakes say Brembo on them, but they are not the same. They are only 4 piston front brakes and not Brembo performance brakes.

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
The Grabber blue and silver reference is definitely backwards IMO. GB is horrendous with silver wheels and Vapor blue is much better suited to silver.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
IMO no dealer installed mods until after I’ve driven and determined if needed.

Aramis76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Mud guards are a must for me since there's always tons of little gravel in the spring here.
Unfortunately i don't think any company is offering any yet.
I had Rokblokz on my 2021, i hope they make a set soon for the S650.

OP
OP

jnj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Mud guards are a must for me since there's always tons of little gravel in the spring here.
Unfortunately i don't think any company is offering any yet.
I had Rokblokz on my 2021, i hope they make a set soon for the S650.
I am wondering if these will fit: https://www.cjponyparts.com/califor...ration-abs-set-mustang-v6-ecoboost-gt/p/MF25/

IMO no dealer installed mods until after I’ve driven and determined if needed.
The manual transmission is pretty much the same as previous gen and IMO needs an upgrade. Also, I got a very good deal in the ford performance shifter. Long term I may go with MGW.

Thanks all for your reply

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
The Grabber blue and silver reference is definitely backwards IMO. GB is horrendous with silver wheels and Vapor blue is much better suited to silver.
Agreed, grabber looks way better with black (though i think everything looks better with black), but the silver makes it even worse
Sponsored