• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Front Bumper Fascia Gap

OP
OP

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
Okay, my dealer told me that's just how it comes but I just had to open my hood, remove the 8 plastic push pins holding the plastic plate by the latch that says "mustang", you're going to see 8 bolts holding the top of the bumper in place, loosen those 8 bolts and adjust the top of the bumper enough to reduce the gap by the headlight. I have the before and after. I think some bumpers come a little too big from factory but you can make it look better.

20240224_140328.jpg

20240312_125839.jpg
Thank you !!!
Sponsored

Vapor Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Gt
Iā€™ve seen a bunch of cars with this huge gap only on drivers side. Back when I was looking at them 3-4 months ago. I canā€™t believe they are shipping them out like this.

OP
OP

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
Iā€™ve seen a bunch of cars with this huge gap only on drivers side. Back when I was looking at them 3-4 months ago. I canā€™t believe they are shipping them out like this.
Me either.
I did a pretty good inspection for gaps during delivery and I did not see this or I missed it which is possible even though gap checking was top on list.

I'm wondering if some clip is weak and it happens during transport?
With mine, I can see a clear clip that looks like it is sideways and that's what is causing the gap.

OP
OP

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
If you look down in the gap, do you see a clear plastic clip that seems out of place or is it just a matter of the bumper fascia being misaligned? I'd like to avoid a dealer trip if I can.

Vapor Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Gt
If you look down in the gap, do you see a clear plastic clip that seems out of place or is it just a matter of the bumper fascia being misaligned? I'd like to avoid a dealer trip if I can.
My cars suppose to be delivered this week to my dealer. I was just saying when I was looking at them on the lots months ago. A lot of them had a big gap on just the drivers side for some reason. Whoever posted in thread earlier was able to adjust it. If you go back and look at the pics they posted.

JollyPedro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 EcoBooat
Okay, my dealer told me that's just how it comes but I just had to open my hood, remove the 8 plastic push pins holding the plastic plate by the latch that says "mustang", you're going to see 8 bolts holding the top of the bumper in place, loosen those 8 bolts and adjust the top of the bumper enough to reduce the gap by the headlight. I have the before and after. I think some bumpers come a little too big from factory but you can make it look better.

20240224_140328.jpg

20240312_125839.jpg
Just tried this and it pushed the front bumper cover far enough forward where the hood seal had a big gap..closed the gap between the headlight and bumper though, lol! Iā€™m just gonna let them change the cover I suppose. Perhaps there are some that got manufactured out of spec.

OP
OP

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
So took a trip to the dealer today and they have a full time body shop that looked at if for me. Basically they say it's a poor fit and unfortunately 'normal' and the sales guy showed me the 3 Mustangs he had on the lot and all had the gap. Some were much worse than mine. They offered to replace the bumper but it would have to be painted so I declined. I'm going to try the method Turbodre1 performed and see what happens. The rest of the bumper is 100% perfect so I'm a little hesitant to touch it..

JollyPedro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 EcoBooat
So took a trip to the dealer today and they have a full time body shop that looked at if for me. Basically they say it's a poor fit and unfortunately 'normal' and the sales guy showed me the 3 Mustangs he had on the lot and all had the gap. Some were much worse than mine. They offered to replace the bumper but it would have to be painted so I declined. I'm going to try the method Turbodre1 performed and see what happens. The rest of the bumper is 100% perfect so I'm a little hesitant to touch it..
Im in the same boat. I tried the method above and the only way to fix the gap is to pull the bumper out and that increases the gap between the front of the hood and hood seal. My driver side rocker plastic panel doesn't fit correctly either, big gap in the front. Going to have the body shop just fix it all even if they have to paint a new bumper.

OP
OP

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
Does anyone have the page from the Shop Manual that shows the exploded view of the driver's side and front bumper fascia showing the clips and locating pins?

Turbodre1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Im in the same boat. I tried the method above and the only way to fix the gap is to pull the bumper out and that increases the gap between the front of the hood and hood seal. My driver side rocker plastic panel doesn't fit correctly either, big gap in the front. Going to have the body shop just fix it all even if they have to paint a new bumper.
Here's a before and after with my front hood seal. It did increase but not noticeably much. Honestly before i looked like it was a little too small of a gap for the hood šŸ˜…

S650 Mustang Front Bumper Fascia Gap Screenshot_20240322_123533_Gallery

S650 Mustang Front Bumper Fascia Gap Screenshot_20240322_123404_Gallery

JollyPedro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 EcoBooat
Here's a before and after with my front hood seal. It did increase but not noticeably much. Honestly before i looked like it was a little too small of a gap for the hood šŸ˜…

Screenshot_20240322_123533_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240322_123404_Gallery.jpg
Not bad at all!! Ive done a ton of digging this week and it looks like the main issue with these gaps is the headlight alignment. Ive got another appt at Ford soon for them to finally get it squared away.

OP
OP

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
I'm going to attempt to fix the gap in my fascia to headlight as soon as it warms up.
Dealer showed me multiple Mustangs with the same problem and claims it's poor fitment but normal :(

Turbodre1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
I'm going to attempt to fix the gap in my fascia to headlight as soon as it warms up.
Dealer showed me multiple Mustangs with the same problem and claims it's poor fitment but normal :(
I'm at the dealership right now looking at all the mustangs and all of them have those gaps, some worse than others and on both sides.

OP
OP

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
I'm at the dealership right now looking at all the mustangs and all of them have those gaps, some worse than others and on both sides.
Thanks for reporting back. Mine is only on the driver's side and is minor. The good news is every other gap on the car is literally perfect and I am lucky in that respect. When it warms up a little here, I'm going to remove the black plastic cover in front of the engine and take a look in there.
Sponsored