• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Front Bumper Fascia Gap

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
So I took delivery last week and gaps on the car are all very good and even except for one where the driver's side front bumper fascia goes around the headlight. If you look carefully in the picture, you can see a clear plastic clip under the gap. So how does this thing connect and how can I fix it? I would rather not go to the dealer but will if I have to. The passenger side is perfect BTW.

S650 Mustang Front Bumper Fascia Gap fascia
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
Try this?
Thank you so much for the video. From what I can see it looks like the locating pins are not in the sockets. I'm going to pull the plastic piece covering the radiator and take a look. Again thanks!

Love my ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Prem convertible triple black
I have the same exact issue. Gap on driver side. I dropped it off at my dealership yesterday. I am expecting to hear back from them tomorrow.

Rapid_RedGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT
So I took delivery last week and gaps on the car are all very good and even except for one where the driver's side front bumper fascia goes around the headlight. If you look carefully in the picture, you can see a clear plastic clip under the gap. So how does this thing connect and how can I fix it? I would rather not go to the dealer but will if I have to. The passenger side is perfect BTW.

fascia.jpg
Mine has looked like this since new, still does today. Driver side bumper. No issues, but I don't even notice anymore. I've never taken off my bumper either, when I got it this was the condition. I could take it to Ford, but I'm not worried about it.

S650 Mustang Front Bumper Fascia Gap 20240307_220256

OP
OP

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
Mine has looked like this since new, still does today. Driver side bumper. No issues, but I don't even notice anymore. I've never taken off my bumper either, when I got it this was the condition. I could take it to Ford, but I'm not worried about it.

20240307_220256.jpg
Does yours have a little clear piece of plastic wedged in there? If you zoom on my pick you should be able to see it. I suspect that either it's a misplaced clip or some piece of plastic that got wedged in there preventing the bumper from seating.

OP
OP

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
So upon further investigation I can see a similar clear clip in front of the bulge but where the gap is good. Closer towards the middle of the hood but this clip is perpendicular to the fascia and seems to be inserted into a slot where the errant clip is twisted sideways.. Dealer just happened to call me for a follow up and I mentioned it. Sent an email with pic and I can bring it in any morning next week and they will fix it while I wait. Dealer says they have seen this before and it's an easy fix.

Rapid_RedGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT
Does yours have a little clear piece of plastic wedged in there? If you zoom on my pick you should be able to see it. I suspect that either it's a misplaced clip or some piece of plastic that got wedged in there preventing the bumper from seating.
Yes, there is a little clear piece showing inside. I'm not going to the dealer though, I don't want to sit over there lol. I'll waiting until I do my first oil change maybe.

Turbodre1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
I was able to fix mines after taking off the bumper and adjusting some bolts under the hood.

JollyPedro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 EcoBooat
I was able to fix mines after taking off the bumper and adjusting some bolts under the hood.
Can you explain how you did this? I just took mine to the dealer for this same issue and they are telling me they have to order, and paint, a new bumper cover!?

Turbodre1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Can you explain how you did this? I just took mine to the dealer for this same issue and they are telling me they have to order, and paint, a new bumper cover!?
Okay, my dealer told me that's just how it comes but I just had to open my hood, remove the 8 plastic push pins holding the plastic plate by the latch that says "mustang", you're going to see 8 bolts holding the top of the bumper in place, loosen those 8 bolts and adjust the top of the bumper enough to reduce the gap by the headlight. I have the before and after. I think some bumpers come a little too big from factory but you can make it look better.

S650 Mustang Front Bumper Fascia Gap 20240224_140328

S650 Mustang Front Bumper Fascia Gap 20240312_125839