• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Does anyone know around when Ford typically approves the sale of a new model year?

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Mustang GT Vert , 2024 Mustang GT Vert
I know some refer to this as the OKTB date or ok to buy date. Have we already passed that point to where we would say they are late with the OKTB? I think we have one Canadian order so far with a shipping receipt if that means anything in regards to OKTB.
Sponsored

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
I don't know the answer to that but I suspect it varies. Ford delayed introducing some of the truck products because they had a large inventory waiting for parts as the result of the supply chain problems. I still see new 2023 stock around even though some of the 2024 stuff is being sold. I think the answer is when they are near ready and need to start ordering stuff to build the new product line and that will depend on what they still have in the pipe line. It probably wasn't that way before COVID but I wasn't paying attention back then.