• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

DH increase HP thread

Jays Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse
I plan on adding either a supercharger or twin turbos. I wanted to ask the knowledgeable some of the pros and cons?
Im mainly focused on how much HP addition the DH engine can handle before I significantly lower the life expectancy of the engine and secondarily whether the stock DH needs to be altered or are the upgraded engines parts in the DH good enough to add additional HP.
Sponsored

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
Watch this site because a supercharger should be on the way. There are no numbers but from the results with the GT, we might see near 1000 horse power out of the DH. The engine shouldn't need any modification other than on the top for the superchargers and probably fuel supply.
Any boost like that will reduce the life of the engine just as an unmodified engine will last longer if you don't push it hard. I plan on keeping mine stock as there is sufficient power for my wants and needs. The real question is if you have that much power, how much will you use it? Remember race engines tend to be used for a single race, maybe under 1,000 miles and then they are tore down and inspected before they are reused. Our engines will last longer but it depends on the user.

OP
OP
Jays Stang

Jays Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse
Watch this site because a supercharger should be on the way. There are no numbers but from the results with the GT, we might see near 1000 horse power out of the DH. The engine shouldn't need any modification other than on the top for the superchargers and probably fuel supply.
Any boost like that will reduce the life of the engine just as an unmodified engine will last longer if you don't push it hard. I plan on keeping mine stock as there is sufficient power for my wants and needs. The real question is if you have that much power, how much will you use it? Remember race engines tend to be used for a single race, maybe under 1,000 miles and then they are tore down and inspected before they are reused. Our engines will last longer but it depends on the user.
Thanks for the reply. I was thinking that since the DH has some upgraded engine parts that the engineers had additional future HP upgrades in mind. I want it all. Increased HP and reasonably long engine life.
Sponsored