• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dealership woes - Am I expecting too much?

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
The 05 Ford GT was a very scary car to drive. Many stories about people losing control in a blink of an eye. No Nannie’s and terrible tires. Mix in low temperatures and it’s a nightmare waiting to happen. Plenty have been wrecked. Parts are another problem Because there are not enough to go around. People will hoard parts for future profits or for their own cars. I didn’t have any parts problem. But over time it would have been an expensive repair if you could even locate such parts.

The C8 has all the modern technology including tires so it just hooks up all the time. A little bit of oversteer will keep you out of trouble. It’s just a car that you don’t have to be constantly watching yourself every time you drive it fast. The problem is no manual for us old school guys. Thats the main reason I picked up a low mileage 2012 Boss. Love the sound of downshifting and hear the engine backfire. It’s just a different experience from the C8.

However I did install the optional GM Borla exhaust which it desperately needed. Now with the rear window down you hear the great V8 sound especially with the super quick shifts from the DCT trans. Both cars are a blast to play with. The C8 feels more like a Saturn rocket lifting off the pad into space. It just throws you back in the seat and you stay there until you lift off the throttle. 2.9 to 60 is very easy to perform time and time again. Ok that’s it

Cool thank you - great insight....and yes I agree 100% on the stock C8 exhaust- I drove a few and the lack of sound definitely put me off.... but I still browse autotrader for them all the time.....of course I also browse for GT500s too lol
Sponsored

BreadBurner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
The 05 Ford GT was a very scary car to drive. Many stories about people losing control in a blink of an eye. No Nannie’s and terrible tires. Mix in low temperatures and it’s a nightmare waiting to happen. Plenty have been wrecked. Parts are another problem Because there are not enough to go around. People will hoard parts for future profits or for their own cars. I didn’t have any parts problem. But over time it would have been an expensive repair if you could even locate such parts.

The C8 has all the modern technology including tires so it just hooks up all the time. A little bit of oversteer will keep you out of trouble. It’s just a car that you don’t have to be constantly watching yourself every time you drive it fast. The problem is no manual for us old school guys. Thats the main reason I picked up a low mileage 2012 Boss. Love the sound of downshifting and hear the engine backfire. It’s just a different experience from the C8.

However I did install the optional GM Borla exhaust which it desperately needed. Now with the rear window down you hear the great V8 sound especially with the super quick shifts from the DCT trans. Both cars are a blast to play with. The C8 feels more like a Saturn rocket lifting off the pad into space. It just throws you back in the seat and you stay there until you lift off the throttle. 2.9 to 60 is very easy to perform time and time again. Ok that’s it
No Nannies?

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 , 2012 Boss 302
I think you meant to say a little bit of understeer to keep you out of trouble because oversteer gets you into trouble…I also understand why you bought a 197 Boss 302 ! After a testdrive of a C8 I thought that feels like a comfortable cruiser and not exciting like a sportscar should…My then SS1LE Camaro felt more like a sportscar when it came to handling and manual than a C8 I remember…And the visibility was equally bad 🤣
Yes thanks for correction. We don’t want an old 911 problem. Corvette team messed up on their performance exhaust option. A few of us don‘t like how quiet the cabin sound is. So lf you want more visceral experience get the Borla exhaust option and it doesn’t affect your GM warranty. It has to be installed at a chevy dealership. But that’s great because I have GM rewards $ to pay for it. Cost me nothing. Now is not only feels like a sports car it sounds like one. All the time not just WOT. Even the doggie likes the new pipes.

S650 Mustang Dealership woes - Am I expecting too much? 2B2D2FAF-C8B4-4A77-9530-ED3CEF0BA036

Last edited:

2024S650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 S550
Post on their Social Media page if possible or wherever you can, ie Ford Facebook Groups, Google Review them, and then send the Dealerships Owner an email with the links.

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 , 2012 Boss 302