• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Cool features or tips you’d like to share

10basscat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Thought I’d start a thread on things we’d like to share to new owners that we found to shorten the learning curve.

I love the “profile” feature. I set profile 1 on mine to normal driving mode-sport steering, track mode exhaust. Right after I start the car I hit the mode button to put it into custom 1 and I’m good to go! (I wish there was a way to cycle through the different profiles on the steering wheel but I haven’t found a way yet-someone let me know if there is)

Next, set the shortcut menu to quiet exhaust. Now whenever you need quiet exhaust just hit the shortcut button and you’re in quiet exhaust. After you are done with needing it-hit that button again and you’re back to track exhaust!
Sponsored

Mljh85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I set my star to TRACK lol

I noticed last night when the gauge cluster is on "normal" theme the speedometer color gets brighter as you give it gas and if you let off it dims. I havent checked to see if it happens on the other themes.

I LOVEEEE you can take off adaptive cruise control thats fantastic. The 6spd also has a second or 2 pause on the brake when you let off assuming its to act like a hill assist.

OP
OP
10basscat

10basscat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I have turned off adaptive cruise in every car I have owned…I hate it! But that’s just me😂

ToyPonyForTony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Grabber Blue GT on order, 21 Jeep Gladiator
Thought I’d start a thread on things we’d like to share to new owners that we found to shorten the learning curve.

I love the “profile” feature. I set profile 1 on mine to normal driving mode-sport steering, track mode exhaust. Right after I start the car I hit the mode button to put it into custom 1 and I’m good to go! (I wish there was a way to cycle through the different profiles on the steering wheel but I haven’t found a way yet-someone let me know if there is)

Next, set the shortcut menu to quiet exhaust. Now whenever you need quiet exhaust just hit the shortcut button and you’re in quiet exhaust. After you are done with needing it-hit that button again and you’re back to track exhaust!
There is no tow hook receptacle (or something) behind the tow hook plate?!

S650 Mustang Cool features or tips you’d like to share 20230923_151740

S650 Mustang Cool features or tips you’d like to share 20230923_151733

S650 Mustang Cool features or tips you’d like to share 20230923_151729

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
If you got active exhaust- quiet exhaust mode on shortcut and start up is my biggest tip!
To add to this, I've set the timer in my car to automatically default to Quiet Exhaust at start up from 7am to 6am.

Otherwise, it will reset to Normal Exhaust every time you shut off the car.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
I noticed last night when the gauge cluster is on "normal" theme the speedometer color gets brighter as you give it gas and if you let off it dims. I havent checked to see if it happens on the other themes.
yep, your speedometer and tachometer needle trail reacts to how fast it moves and it's really cool. it also did that on the S550, but it was not nearly as smooth

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Where’s the radio

friscoaggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Rogue, Cruze, '54 F-100, 24 Mustang DH
There is no tow hook receptacle (or something) behind the tow hook plate?!

20230923_151740.jpg

20230923_151733.jpg

20230923_151729.jpg
Sorry for pulling up an old thread; however, want to validate that I have a tow hook capable receptacle. I am very nervous about prying off that cover. Anyone have experience with how to not screw up the paint prying off that cover? I have a DH with AP, but no HP so didn't get the actual hooks, but curious as to whether the hardware to insert one is back there.

ToyPonyForTony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Grabber Blue GT on order, 21 Jeep Gladiator
Sorry for pulling up an old thread; however, want to validate that I have a tow hook capable receptacle. I am very nervous about prying off that cover. Anyone have experience with how to not screw up the paint prying off that cover? I have a DH with AP, but no HP so didn't get the actual hooks, but curious as to whether the hardware to insert one is back there.
There is no receptacle for towing. Just an empty square. You can use a plastic trim removal tool to remove the cover. Does not make sense to me, why there is not a tow hook receptable on our cars, you would think this would be standard if there are not adequate tow points. Happy New Year!

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT 6spd
There is no receptacle for towing. Just an empty square. You can use a plastic trim removal tool to remove the cover. Does not make sense to me, why there is not a tow hook receptable on our cars, you would think this would be standard if there are not adequate tow points. Happy New Year!
performance package and dark horse actually get a tow hook mount behind the panel. But yes a plastic trim tool works for me. I made my own front plate mount behind the panel since i don’t have a tow mount being a Base non PP car.

friscoaggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Rogue, Cruze, '54 F-100, 24 Mustang DH
@highvoltage and @ToyPonyForTony thanks for the feedback, guess I will look into getting one installed in the aftermarket or follow your creativity and fashion my own.

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT 6spd
@highvoltage and @ToyPonyForTony thanks for the feedback, guess I will look into getting one installed in the aftermarket or follow your creativity and fashion my own.
here is what i did for a mount. Home Depot sheet steel. Made a round piece and used steel weld epoxy to mount two nuts to the round piece and 3 support braces to the nuts for extra rigidity. I cut two strips and rounded the edges and drilled a whole to fit over the square edge of a 5” carriage bolt. Used some washers and a nut to hold the strips in a x shape at the proper spot to mount my plate too. I shaved down the head of the carriage bolt to sit nicer against the plate. Sprayed it all black and didn’t care too much about the look as you can’t see it once mounted. I used nylon screws for the plate as it was cheaper than stainless anyways. the plate. I sanded the bumper support beam behind the little square panel to ensure proper adhesion as it has a think layer of paint. Then put a healthy serving of steel weld epoxy on the unpainted back side of the circle piece and then screwed it into the carriage bolt so i could actually reach it in to place it. Held it down for a few minutes then rigged a jack stand to keep the bolt held at the height i wanted and left it for an hour checking it didn’t move periodically.

S650 Mustang Cool features or tips you’d like to share IMG_7180

S650 Mustang Cool features or tips you’d like to share IMG_7179

S650 Mustang Cool features or tips you’d like to share IMG_7194

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
My favorite feature is I can daily and fill up with 87 gas every time and still be faster than everything I wanna pass on the road while getting 22MPG on the highway without a complaint from the car.
out before “but IF YoU cAN aFfoRd a muSTang You CaN aFForD PrEmiUM”
Sponsored