• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Convertible Top - Catching Top Half of Seatbelt Housing

Skoons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible
Anyone else in the forum with a convertible experiencing this? On the passenger side, there is a small lip on the back edge of the top half of the seatbelt housing. When raising the top, the inside lining cloth catches the lip and lifts the plastic housing off. Broke the clip on the top and bottom plastic bits.
Sponsored

Decio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not that I've noticed. Can you upload a photo? I wonder if the seat orientation has anything to do with it (not that it should).

OP
OP
Skoons

Skoons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This guy, the inside liner gets caught on it and pulls the whole bit half off on the way up.

S650 Mustang Convertible Top - Catching Top Half of Seatbelt Housing F8F8EF1A-BFDA-4994-9569-171E0285AF7E

papaD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Power Wagon 2016 Challenger 392 shaker
No problem with mine...

However, I will check later tonight to see how close it is.

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
The top is the same as my old 2016 convertible, in the last 7 years I have never had it catch or seen the molding look like your photo OP. Take that to the dealer and have them fix it/adjust it back into the correct spot on their dime.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT Convertible 2024
I had a similar issue but on the other side ie driver's side rear passenger. Dealership ordered 2 new replacement parts - arrived within days and re-installed. Now perfect. All under warranty

Huntem4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
7g Mustang GT convertible
Anyone else in the forum with a convertible experiencing this? On the passenger side, there is a small lip on the back edge of the top half of the seatbelt housing. When raising the top, the inside lining cloth catches the lip and lifts the plastic housing off. Broke the clip on the top and bottom plastic bits.

Huntem4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the same problem with my 7g convertible. I have to take it in for repair. Was the clip you referenced a defect? What repairs were done?

Huntem4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had a similar issue but on the other side ie driver's side rear passenger. Dealership ordered 2 new replacement parts - arrived within days and re-installed. Now perfect. All under warranty

Huntem4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you know the the # on the replacement parts ordered? Having the same problem but on the passenger side

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
This EXACT thing happened to me at the dealer when I was picking up the car. Hadn't even gotten it out of the lot yet and the edge of the top got hung up on that seat belt housing trim piece. Now the plastic piece is bowed outward and I'm sure it will happen again. I'm going to get them to replace that panel but I like your work around in the meantime.

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos

Yep this is exactly how it happened with mine on but on the passenger side
Sponsored