• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Clutch Question?

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP, 2003 Cobra Yote Swapped, Braptor!
How well will the stock clutch hold up to a supercharger?
Not suite sure yet as no one has really put a manual with a blower to the test yet. Our car goes in on Monday for the Whipple install. We've got a Mcleod RXT here waiting to be installed along with an MGW shifter and some Kooks headers but that will be done a few weeks after the blower is installed. I'll report back on how the clutch feels once the Whipple is on.

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
Not suite sure yet as no one has really put a manual with a blower to the test yet. Our car goes in on Monday for the Whipple install. We've got a Mcleod RXT here waiting to be installed along with an MGW shifter and some Kooks headers but that will be done a few weeks after the blower is installed. I'll report back on how the clutch feels once the Whipple is on.
Looking forward to your review! Have you used the MGW shifter previously? Curious how it feels different (besides being shorter throw) than stock and whether it does anything that compares to the Tremec.

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP, 2003 Cobra Yote Swapped, Braptor!
Looking forward to your review! Have you used the MGW shifter previously? Curious how it feels different (besides being shorter throw) than stock and whether it does anything that compares to the Tremec.
Yes I’ve used the MGW before in my 2016 GT350 which was equipped with the TR3160. Same trans used on the Darkhorse manual. It’s much more precise than the stock one. Shorter throw and zero slop. Definitely a worthy mod to do.

Let us know if you have any other questions in the meantime.

Thanks!

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
Yes I’ve used the MGW before in my 2016 GT350 which was equipped with the TR3160. Same trans used on the Darkhorse manual. It’s much more precise than the stock one. Shorter throw and zero slop. Definitely a worthy mod to do.

Let us know if you have any other questions in the meantime.

Thanks!
Thanks! I'm kind of hoping to compare it (MGW) on an MT-82 to a Tremec, as that's what I've got in my GT. Does it bring the MT-82 any closer to the experience of a Tremec? No slop is good, shorter throw is easy enough to appreciate. But does it change anything about getting into a gear or feeling as smooth as a Tremec, for example?
Sponsored