• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

New to FI question

sir5574

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Been doing a bunch of youtubing on different types of superchargers, mainly between whipple & procharger.

I'm trying to figure out what would be better for the street? With the way a positive displacement SC delivers power down low, would that be not as good on the street, due to possibly blowing the tires off?

In that case would something that delivers power later in the powerband like a procharger be better for the street then in that case?

Those of you who've driven with FI would love to hear your thoughts & opinions, especially if you've driven both types.
Sponsored

Logan@Lethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 3.0L Whipple
Been doing a bunch of youtubing on different types of superchargers, mainly between whipple & procharger.

I'm trying to figure out what would be better for the street? With the way a positive displacement SC delivers power down low, would that be not as good on the street, due to possibly blowing the tires off?

In that case would something that delivers power later in the powerband like a procharger be better for the street then in that case?

Those of you who've driven with FI would love to hear your thoughts & opinions, especially if you've driven both types.
Both of those options are very streetable. We've used both a centrifugal and PD blower on countless cars. We typically throw a Whipple on our cars (and will be doing so on at least one of our S650s). I personally had a Whipple S550 and it would drive as a stock car would when you'd stay off the pedal. You're picking between two of the best options on the market and honestly couldn't go wrong.

If you like the sound of a Procharger and a linear band, that would be my choice!

Tuning will be a limiting factor, though, so you'll want to keep that in mind. Whipple has the tuning already covered.

Last edited:

Japeatr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang DH; '13 F-150; '20 Exped; '05 CobaltSS
whipple is going to give a very nice increase in hp/tq across the entire range, the procharger is a very linear power adder.

The "streetable" aspect varies by individual, but i will say the whpple is a nice package that offers a "kit" with tuning that will be an OEM type driving experience, with much more power and torque on tap for every scenario. Roots blowers are going to make the same boost more or less across the power band. this gives a nice increase over stock across the board.

The procharger will get more power and torque as it is spun at higher speeds. while at 5000 rpm both will give more power that stock, the procharger will be still building to its max boost.
Sponsored