• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Can’t get adaptive cruise control to work?

beando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taco
Hey guys, picked up my mustang last night. Couldn’t figure out how to use the cruise control with the setting for distance to follow the car in front of you , the button above the cruise control button. When I have cruise control active I press that button and nothing changes, no indicators of the level of distance to keep. While set at mph if there is a car in front of me going slower it would keep going and I would have to hit the brakes myself and restart. Am I doing something wrong or is it not enabled for some reason? Thanks
Sponsored

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
Do you have adaptive cruse control? Cars either come with it or not but it can be disabled on the ones with it. The distance button is located in the upper left of the control pad.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
I noticed in my car I could only get adaptive cruise to work and not regular cruise. I found in the settings you have to choose which one you want active, can't have both that I was able to see

OP
OP

beando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taco
Do you have adaptive cruse control? Cars either come with it or not but it can be disabled on the ones with it. The distance button is located in the upper left of the control pad.
I have 401a so yeah I should have everything. Yes the top left button is what I’m referring to with the car and lines, does nothing when I press it even with the screen for driver assistance on the dash showing the car in the lane
I noticed in my car I could only get adaptive cruise to work and not regular cruise. I found in the settings you have to choose which one you want active, can't have both that I was able to see
So are you saying either it can detect the car in front or just hold certain speed depending on the setting?

SAL-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 EcoBoost Rapid Red
Check to see if you have adaptive cruise enabled in settings. It sounds like it is not.

OP
OP

beando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taco
Check to see if you have adaptive cruise enabled in settings. It sounds like it is not.
Thanks…. I thought I checked all those settings it was indeed set to normal

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
Activating the cruse control.
Left center button will activate it and set it to your current speed.
Center button will disable it or reactivate it to your current speed after you hit the brakes or clutch.
Top center will set a new speed if deactivated or bump it up a mile per hour if active.
The lower center will bump your speed down a mile per hour.
Left lower button sets a do not exceed speed. If you hit it by accident, hit again to disable it.
When you activate with the left center button, it will put up the distance setting between the speedometer and tach.
When it's active, there will be a blue indicator to the right of the tach.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
So if you goto “Features” from the touchscreen and then “Drivers Assistance” then “Cruise Control” it seems you have to choose if you want Normal Cruise Control or Adaptive Cruise Control. I could not have both.

when I first tried to get my cruise control to work the normal cruise would not work. Looked at page 218 in owners manual and it seems to me you have no option to select to have both available at your leisure…. Its one or the other

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
Which drive mode are you using? Can’t use cruise in track or drag modes.
Sponsored