• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Active vs Standard Exhaust on Cabin noise level

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost conv.
Hi all...wondering how the 2024 ecoboost with a Active exhaust compares to standard exhaust...with regards to interior cabin noise level...

1-Is Normal mode on the active exhaust the same as the stock standard exhaust.
2-On the ecoboost...is quite mode noticeably quieter? Curious if anyone has done any ambient noise tests?
3-Can you keep in it quiet mode all the time?

Thanks in advance...
Sponsored

Sofa King

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost, Vapor Blue, HPP
I don't have a direct comparison... 2018 ecoboost with standard exhaust and 2024 ecoboost with active exhaust. The normal mode on the active may be a bit louder than standard on the S550, at least outside the car, but the cars are different model years. The 24 engine is all new and 4 pipes vs 2 may cause more volume outside. Inside the car is pretty close to same.
Quite mode is noticeably quieter... and you can run quiet all the time AFAIK.
If you are trying to decide on active exhaust... it seems that the majority of members say to get it... at least with the GT. I would say the same for ecoboost as well. If budget is a concern, I would say try to find some at a dealer and check the difference for yourself.