• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
Check out the alignment of the spoiler attachment cover at 3:25 :facepalm:
A double :facepalm: :facepalm:!
You would have thought these panel alignment issues would have been fixed by now.

"Quality is job #1."
Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Nice find!

I'm so glad we'll be getting the carbonised grey wheels, and this has been the best look at them so far.

Capture.JPG

I' d have been happy with black, never had black wheels before, but appreciate a lot of existing owners are sick of black.
I'm pretty sure if you have ordered the Black Package, you will get gloss black wheels.

Deano1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 GT ordered, ETA 6th Oct 2024
If they're gloss black I'll be changing them sooner than expected. Don't mind black but not gloss. They should just give us the US wheel options

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
If they're gloss black I'll be changing them sooner than expected. Don't mind black but not gloss. They should just give us the US wheel options
Agreed, for both wheels and interior colours. I'm soooo over black interiors, Ford Australia just play it safe. Frankly, considering every Mustang for the Australian market is basically factory ordered, then why not just give us what we want.

These are the wheels I would choose, I hate the PP1 wheels in both S550 and S650, just too fussy for a muscle car.

S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang Australia (AU) Pricing and Timing Schedule 19-wheel

Actually, I really want to get a set of Darkhorse wheels, I think they suit the car better. Here's betting none of the aftermarket suppliers bother importing them like they did with Mach 1 and the HP Performance Wheels.

S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang Australia (AU) Pricing and Timing Schedule 24mgt102

And I would kill for the red interior!

S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang Australia (AU) Pricing and Timing Schedule 24ri101

S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang Australia (AU) Pricing and Timing Schedule 24ri102

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Mustang delayed again -

2024 Ford Mustang: Australian launch delayed again | CarExpert

I have thought this for a while now, but I doubt anyone will be getting a S650 in Australia now. There is simply no valid reason why the car can't be here right now when there are cars sitting unsold on dealer lots all across America. I suspect those who have orders will be getting their deposits back by July this year.

At this point, I'm so disappointed that I have basically wasted 2 years waiting for this car. I could have gone and bought something else, enjoyed it for a few years, then taken delivery of the S650. If Ford go on to pull the Mustang from Australia, I won't be the only one who has been left dangling on the hook for two years.

Ford clearly have no interest in this car, or any car for that matter. The axing of the Escape and Puma that play in a booming segment says it all. Ford are basically stringing this out to keep customers off the market, all the while the dealer makes interest on your deposit.

And if they do bring the car in the end, it won't be long before an updated model launches. So, all of those who signed up for the "new" Mustang will get the "old" Mustang.

So angry at the moment. Absolutely shameful treatment.

Considering @Ford Motor Company are active on this forum, can someone, anyone, please explain why this is happening. Why is it two years down the track and I still have no idea when or if I will see my car. I and many others have been loyal to your brand, we deserve to be informed instead of strung along.

Lightning17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I’ve seen people state that there are issues with the RHD cars. Not sure if this is the reason or true. 🤷‍♂️
In any case they could be transparent about the delay. They forget that at its new price tag there’s plenty of other options.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I’ve seen people state that there are issues with the RHD cars. Not sure if this is the reason or true. 🤷‍♂️
In any case they could be transparent about the delay. They forget that at its new price tag there’s plenty of other options.
If that is true, then Ford really are stupid. Just about every other "global" car company can build cars in both LH and RH drive, so why are Ford so special that they can't. I would suspect its a RHD crash safety issue.

And yet, I'm apparently rewarding Ford's lack of ability by purchasing this car.

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

BigCatMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered - MY24 Mustang GT Vapour Blue Black Pk 6MT
I've pulled the pin on my S650 GT 6-speed order. I feel it is unlikely we will ever see this car in OZ. In any case, I bought a low km S550 a few weeks ago and am very happy with my purchase. I never thought I'd cancel, but enough is enough.

Arno_ecobeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 BMW M135i Xdrive
I understand BigCatMan, im in the same boat.
With looming extra taxes and the already high price hike... IM keeping my order for now, my car is still on carsales, if it goes early, i will 9/10 find myself in an m2comp. If it doesn't sell i will see what Ford offers with trade in etc.

I do think the car will arrive August/October, AU marketing has been quiet but euro rhd markets have been prepping for launch.
We will see, but im afraid Ford is just putting us as priority 99 lol
They are rolling out special editions and Mustang GTD's in the states and cars are sitting in carlots already. I don't think they give AF to be honest

bfets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Mustang yet
I cant really see Ford pulling these cars from the AU market. None of the articles or comms indicate that either. Its frustrating as hell and really poor from Ford, but for me at least its the car that I really want the most. If hypothetically they kill Mustang in Aus and I do need to get something else, I'll be looking at M2 or Supra, but the fact is those cars are really my second choice. For that reason I'm still holding out and hoping to get my car this year. When I do, after more than two years of waiting its going to be extra special.

Coincidentally, I just got this message from my dealer yesterday. They update me every two weeks now:
As promised, there will be fortnightly updates provided to you, at the moment your vehicle has an ETA to arrive at the end of August to the dealership. If it does arrive on that date it will take roughly 7 to 10 working days to get the vehicle ready for you.
Please keep in mind this is an ETA and could change.

The previous message two weeks ago already said ETA was August so the cars arriving second quarter of 2024 was no new news to me.

Eremyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 GT
Off the topic, with curiosity on who here ordered MT and have confidence with the revised MT82 Also without Magnaride and why did you not option MR? I am contemplating if I should Get MR or not. I don't care for the Pothole mitigation and I won't track the car. I hear from the U.S owners with the Stock suspension does alright on bendy back roads and bumps and it has been revised much better and comfortable than the s550.
Sponsored

Last edited: