• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Arno_ecobeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 BMW M135i Xdrive
yeah saw that... hopefully its not just the quick limited time worldwide press cars lol... IF the USA is anything to go by, we won't hear JACK and then get a phonecall saying the car is ready to be picked up 🤣

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue GT 10Sp Auto
May be some RHD Mustang production at Flatrock. Have a look at Utube Ford Performance 2023 champions at Flatrock and note Chelsea's comment at production line . This was only posted recently.
It would help if you included the link....................

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last edited:
OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It would help if you included the link....................
Interesting that although he referred to a RHD Mustang on the line, we didn't actually see one.

I wonder if he actually did see a LHD car (although my understanding is that they run the RHD Production on a dedicated run on the same line, so there would be no LHD cars at the same time), or was he mistaken or if it was contrived "theatre"?

Last edited:

Race Red GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 coupe, 2015 GT Racered, 2024.5 GT Racered
Interesting that although he referred to a RHD Mustang on the line, we didn't actually see one.

I wonder if he actually did see a LHD car (although my understanding is that they run the RHD Production on a dedicated run on the same line, so there would be no LHD cars at the same time), or he was mistaken or if it was contrived "theatre"?
Hi Steve , have a close look at previous frame in clip before Chelsie's head shot ,the dark grey stang on production line , is that steering wheel closest to us viewing it , may be RHD? What do you think?

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
Isn't this where the steering shaft would pass thru the firewall?

S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang Australia (AU) Pricing and Timing Schedule Untitled-1

It's obviously a convertible.
(Which I just discovered can only be bought down under with an auto transmission, no manual offering.)

However, a closer look under the bonnet hood reveals the VIN is non-standard.

P8P

S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang Australia (AU) Pricing and Timing Schedule Untitled-2

S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang Australia (AU) Pricing and Timing Schedule Capture.JPG

Which is clearly not P8F or P8U.

This mystery vehicle cannot be for retail sale.

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi Steve , have a close look at previous frame in clip before Chelsie's head shot ,the dark grey stang on production line , is that steering wheel closest to us viewing it , may be RHD? What do you think?
Hi Race Red, I think it is LHD, although very difficult to tell, however the large Dash Screen should be visible if it was RHD, and the real giveaway that it is not RHD is the thin US (non-Export) external Mirrors.

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isn't this where the steering shaft would pass thru the firewall?

Untitled-1.jpg

It's obviously a convertible.
(Which I just discovered can only be bought down under with an auto transmission, no manual offering.)

However, a closer look under the bonnet hood reveals the VIN is non-standard.

P8P

Untitled-2.jpg

Capture.JPG

Which is clearly not P8F or P8U.

This mystery vehicle cannot be for retail sale.
I think you are "Right"....

Arno_ecobeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 BMW M135i Xdrive
I thought that might have been a grey RHD as well as you cannot see the screens close, as Steve says, but the steering wheel looks 'at the door' not distanced from it.
but who knows.
That white convertible is def RHD but yes, due to coding of the vehicle, obviously a press vehicle? ANyway... My boss at work ordered a Tesla on 13th of January. It went into production the 14th of January and was on boat 20th January... lol

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I thought that might have been a grey RHD as well as you cannot see the screens close, as Steve says, but the steering wheel looks 'at the door' not distanced from it.
but who knows.
That white convertible is def RHD but yes, due to coding of the vehicle, obviously a press vehicle? ANyway... My boss at work ordered a Tesla on 13th of January. It went into production the 14th of January and was on boat 20th January... lol
Looks like Ford could learn a few efficiencies from Elon - although I think they did poach a senior Exec last year.

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
but who knows.
Arno, I hope your boss enjoys the plummeting resale value, and being a write-off after ~10 years.
We should be driving hydrogen powered vehicles by then, if the lunatic left ever come to their senses, and enough houses and parking lots have been destroyed by lithium battery fires, and everyone is fed up appeasing the vocal minority of Greenies.

Tesla (and other NEV manufacturers) will have to constantly reduce their production costs, and pass those savings onto consumers, just in order to compete with the Chinese manufacturers.
That means on-going price reductions, which will directly hurt resale values for EVs as time goes by.

S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang Australia (AU) Pricing and Timing Schedule Capture3.JPG

Source: https://fordauthority.com/2024/01/tesla-ceo-says-chinese-automakers-will-demolish-rivals/

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Factory Dyno Test on Every Mustang off the line at Flat Rock ??
That surprised me too, and great to see this is done. :clap:

There is a GT and Dark Horse shown in what appears to be a Dyno Test at 1:33 although the cars do not appear to be strapped down.
No straps, but I guess they use the same 4-point fixture points as they do along the line, which explains these rails.

S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang Australia (AU) Pricing and Timing Schedule Untitled-3

S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang Australia (AU) Pricing and Timing Schedule Capture2.JPG

Screen shot from:

And those massive pneumatic bollards that rise up will stop it from going too far! :giggle:

Arno_ecobeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 BMW M135i Xdrive
he has a unique situation where he does not pay for charging at all atm so that helps... he is aware of the issues but cannot see forrest from the trees due to 'current' "savings'...
But i agree, i told him to hedge his bets best case. BUt his model 3 he got 2 years ago, probably at the right time, imo now is the time to offload those before they tank...

And furthermore, i am 100% with you on hydrogen. Saw BMW and Toyota(i think) release statements saying they solved several issues with their hydrogen setups and are moving forward with that. Now that is what i will get behind and think its actually greener. not 1500kgs of lithium or similar.
If the hydrogen vehicles come on sale, ill get a runaround of that, with the big V8. but i cannot see EV as the future, i cannot understand the industry other than 'quick buck' and lunatic left pushing ideology...
I mean, look at the Honda 'clarity' concept they had almost 20 years ago now. It ran off a generator(hydrogen???)that charges a small battery to give power to small electric engine.
Here we are in 2023 and its only being looked at now as possible?
Nothing like logic or a good idea to get squashed by the enviro extremist mob (globalists -keep adding groups)
Sponsored