• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Arno_ecobeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 BMW M135i Xdrive
My dealer told me that the build date is now in April. Has anyone heard similar?
my dealer told me he doesn't know anything about anything that happens in the US...
Sponsored

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
my dealer told me he doesn't know anything about anything that happens in the US...
My experience with the 2018 and the Gold Coast and Tweed Heads dealerships was that I knew more than them right down to having to show one the Australian spec bulletin sheet when they said there was no information available yet and the other I had to argue about the specified oil 5w30 was to be used not the 5w20. This was after they had put my supplied oil in at service and noted on the service record that it was noncompliant.
I would suggest that you will glean more information off this forum than you will off the dealers.

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
It not the individual dealers fault.
It's Ford of Australia who are lousy at communication, or most likely, their counterparts they interface with in the US... probably a bit of both

I work with Americans (media) a couple of months of the year, and the communication flow is just awful. You get a snippet from here, a snippet from there, overhear something from somewhere else, and try and put it all together +/- BS. It's just how they work. It seems disorganized and inefficient with little documentation to refer to. Some people [falsely] believe that keeping things to yourself offers some job security. Nope, you're just a paranoid PITA.

Arno_ecobeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 BMW M135i Xdrive
It not the individual dealers fault.
It's Ford of Australia who are lousy at communication, or most likely, their counterparts they interface with in the US... probably a bit of both

I work with Americans (media) a couple of months of the year, and the communication flow is just awful. You get a snippet from here, a snippet from there, overhear something from somewhere else, and try and put it all together +/- BS. It's just how they work. It seems disorganized and inefficient with little documentation to refer to. Some people [falsely] believe that keeping things to yourself offers some job security. Nope, you're just a paranoid PITA.
yeah absolutely, the dealerships are at the mercy of 2 or 3 layers of filters going up through FOA and then US and then Factory etc..
I don't have any hard feelings with my dealer as you know as much as the organisation seems to have run a bit more erratic than pre-covid.
Like when i ordered my 2016 model, i got these cool FOA email updates, with progress pictures etc. etc.

Eremyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 GT
I just went on the "build your mustang page" & the price calculator is unchanged for my specifications & postcode!

I wrote on my journal the price on announcement date and today it has raised by 9$ so I suspect these prices may rise and drop when our currency is rising or USD is falling ?

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue GT 10Sp Auto
My experience with the 2018 and the Gold Coast and Tweed Heads dealerships was that I knew more than them right down to having to show one the Australian spec bulletin sheet when they said there was no information available yet and the other I had to argue about the specified oil 5w30 was to be used not the 5w20. This was after they had put my supplied oil in at service and noted on the service record that it was noncompliant.
I would suggest that you will glean more information off this forum than you will off the dealers.
I have had similar experiences with Dealers, they had NFI - and usually because they were too disinterested in their "Profession" and delivering "Customer Service" information, and to keep informed and even bother to read (or understand) regular internal updates.

bfets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Mustang yet
Even though we are down on power here in Australia, it could have been worse. Look at what the Europeans are getting.
S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang Australia (AU) Pricing and Timing Schedule IMG_4589

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue GT 10Sp Auto
Even though we are down on power here in Australia, it could have been worse. Look at what the Europeans are getting.
IMG_4589.jpeg
One of the problem areas Britain has as yet failed to achieve, in extricating themselves from the sanctimonious tyranny of the EU with Brexit - still subject to the absurd and toxic ideological whims of the looney Left/Green Dogma of the EU Emissions madness.

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
So riddle me this, Batman.

If all 24MY orders are being changed to 24.50MY, 24MY no longer exists.
Why hasn't the brochure been updated?

S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang Australia (AU) Pricing and Timing Schedule Capture.JPG

Peewee63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Everything changed for me on the 13th of December. I originally ordered a G6 on 1/7/22, then changed my order to a G7 in September on the new release. The latest information from my dealer is in the above photo. Ordered date changed, contract date changed, obviously segmentation date changed and delivery could be August 2024. No confidence in that at all. Ford Australia have no fucking idea, but I’ve waited this long, I’m not about to cancel
Sponsored