• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

BigCatMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered - MY24 Mustang GT Vapour Blue Black Pk 6MT
Every FoA estimate has been pushed back. Official line is now Q2 2024, so quite feasible it will slip to Q3. I’m not going to cancel my order, but I’m sure many others will. Production is up and running in the US and dealers seem to have floor stock there, so not sure there is legitimate reason for the hold up of Australian launch.
Sponsored

Arno_ecobeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 BMW M135i Xdrive
Every FoA estimate has been pushed back. Official line is now Q2 2024, so quite feasible it will slip to Q3. I’m not going to cancel my order, but I’m sure many others will. Production is up and running in the US and dealers seem to have floor stock there, so not sure there is legitimate reason for the hold up of Australian launch.
THis is my concern... Looks like FOrds priority is for the local market and though they seem to have caught up with mustangs, they need to catch up on other mainstream models? and basically the world can take a backseat to get one.
I have nearly pulled the trigger on an M240i several times lol.. I don't want to play this game, i want the GT but im not waiting forever.
Some communication would be appreciated.

BigCatMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered - MY24 Mustang GT Vapour Blue Black Pk 6MT
THis is my concern... Looks like FOrds priority is for the local market and though they seem to have caught up with mustangs, they need to catch up on other mainstream models? and basically the world can take a backseat to get one.
I have nearly pulled the trigger on an M240i several times lol.. I don't want to play this game, i want the GT but im not waiting forever.
Some communication would be appreciated.
Not sure other models have any influence. Mustang and Lincoln Continental are the only vehicles built at Flat Rock.

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...

IIIdtpIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting MY24.5 DH, Auto, Blue Ember, Recaro
I spoke to my dealer today, and he said the delivery estimate for my Dark Horse is late July/August. He also said that Dark Horses are arriving before GTs, but I would have thought they were all on the same ship for the first deliveries, so I’m not sure
The same here. My Dark Horse has been pushed back from June to July. Oh well hope for the best!

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue GT 10Sp Auto
Our RHD '24 Mustangs were scheduled for a first Production Run about now, but judging by the ETAs reported here, and allowing for 2.5 months shipping and delivery, that has obviously been pushed back AGAIN !

Arno_ecobeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 BMW M135i Xdrive
Yeah it's interesting, the amount of transparency is obviously not quite deep enough, but from the surface is doesn't seem to have an obvious reason for the delay to RHD.. i know the LHD market was severely delayed but they seem to mainly have shortage of certain optioned GTs (very low...) and dark horses..
perhaps there is something in rh RHD car that is pushing it back.. maybe they are putting the handbrake on the right after all lol

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah it's interesting, the amount of transparency is obviously not quite deep enough, but from the surface is doesn't seem to have an obvious reason for the delay to RHD.. i know the LHD market was severely delayed but they seem to mainly have shortage of certain optioned GTs (very low...) and dark horses..
perhaps there is something in rh RHD car that is pushing it back.. maybe they are putting the handbrake on the right after all lol
Apparently they have to stop production on the domestic LHD cars to facilitate production of our RHD 'Export" Cars.

However as there are a lot of 2024 Mustangs sitting on US Dealer yards, so it would seem demand is less than current inventory and supply, therefore it would seem odd if the local US market is still prioritised over our RHD cars. But who knows ??

Hopefully Ford have gone looking for the missing 15.4 Kw (4.25%) and 16.7 Nm (2.95%) Power we mysteriously lost on our Aussie RHD Cars (when the previous model was only down 4.0 Kw).

Last edited:
OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh...just noticed your final comment ......yep, given the current Woke madness, your probably right about that....errr... I mean Correct! lol

Arno_ecobeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 BMW M135i Xdrive
Apparently they have to stop production on the domestic LHD cars to facilitate production of our RHD 'Export" Cars.

However as there are a lot of 2024 Mustangs sitting on US Dealer yards, so it would seem demand is less than current inventory and supply, therefore it would seem odd if the local US market is still prioritised over our RHD cars. But who knows ??

Hopefully Ford have gone looking for the missing 15.4 Kw (4.25%) and 16.7 Nm (2.95%) Power we mysteriously lost (when the previous model was only down 4.0 Kw).
tHATS AN INTERESTING point you raise... the first bunch that came off the floor seemed very down on HP in dyno's but i saw a dark horse yesterday get pretty close to 495hp (crank corrected...) with 50miles on clock... don't see a reason from a tech perspective why they are so down.. im sure it will come as a software update, OTA power! lol

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tHATS AN INTERESTING point you raise... the first bunch that came off the floor seemed very down on HP in dyno's but i saw a dark horse yesterday get pretty close to 495hp (crank corrected...) with 50miles on clock... don't see a reason from a tech perspective why they are so down.. im sure it will come as a software update, OTA power! lol
Thats interesting too, however I was referring to the official FoA Power Ratings for the 2024 GT (the Dark Horse was even hit harder with power loss) compared to the host US Coyote IV Specs.

This disparity is even weirder and inexplicable as the US 2024 cars were hit with Bidens tougher Emissions restrictions - like the US 2023 cars which had LESS power (@ 335.6 Kw) than our RHD cars (@ 339 Kw).

Arno_ecobeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 BMW M135i Xdrive
Thats interesting too, however I was referring to the official FoA Power Ratings for the 2024 GT (the Dark Horse was even hit harder with power loss) compared to the host US Coyote IV Specs.

This disparity is even weirder and inexplicable as the US 2024 cars were hit with Bidens tougher Emissions restrictions - like the US 2023 cars which had LESS power (@ 335.6 Kw) than our RHD cars (@ 339 Kw).
The Dynos are strange, and low in the US which can be explained in one way due to the bidenomic impacts on every facet of freedom lol... If we do not have those restrictions (carbon intake traps???) perhaps our dyno's might read bang on or over?
Will be interesting to see if local owners will dyno their cars with 100km on the odo 🤣

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SC’d Toyota 86
Our RHD '24 Mustangs were scheduled for a first Production Run about now, but judging by the ETAs reported here, and allowing for 2.5 months shipping and delivery, that has obviously been pushed back AGAIN !
My dealer told me that the build date is now in April. Has anyone heard similar?
Sponsored