• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Walt Kowalski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT FB. 6M. Twister O. 2020 Conv GT 10A - MagnaRide, Twister O.
How about your smart insulting mouth?
Sponsored

Arno_ecobeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 BMW M135i Xdrive
FoA have dropped Pricing on Mach-E "Mustang".........now if only they do it for the real Mustang

2024 Ford Mustang Mach-E electric car price slashed in Australia (whichcar.com.au)
That's gotta be based purely on the pre-orders being way under our already low allocation.
Australian market is notorious for taking cheap shit boxes overseas (no offence to anyone lol this is generic comment) and bringing in ultra low numbers for 2-3 years and then opening the flood gates..
I don't see the GT dropping prices at all. Ford announced the end of this S650 lifespan and all other reports seem to be quite pessimistic that Ford will continue the NA V8 :/
So get it while ya can will be the chants we hear from the petrol towers everywhere.
I think the price is overreach, but i don't see it happening, no decent alternatives anymore.
Old BMWs...

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue GT 10Sp Auto
That's gotta be based purely on the pre-orders being way under our already low allocation.
Australian market is notorious for taking cheap shit boxes overseas (no offence to anyone lol this is generic comment) and bringing in ultra low numbers for 2-3 years and then opening the flood gates..
I don't see the GT dropping prices at all. Ford announced the end of this S650 lifespan and all other reports seem to be quite pessimistic that Ford will continue the NA V8 :/
So get it while ya can will be the chants we hear from the petrol towers everywhere.
I think the price is overreach, but i don't see it happening, no decent alternatives anymore.
Old BMWs...
If your assumptions were correct, the same conditions would apply to the US home market, and yet Discounting has already reportedly begun in the US, with reports of copious amounts of unsold stock sitting on Dealers lots.

Ford Performance Chief Engineer Carl Widmann stated (and this has been subsequently reiterated) that Ford will continue making the V8 as long as the market and Legislation allows: "Ford will continue to build Ford Mustang V8 models as long as customers keep buying them".
Ford Mustang V8 Isn't Going Away Anytime Soon, Says Chief Engineer (fordauthority.com)

Furthermore, there is some doubt as to when the S650 will end production, as Ford Authority have headlined "S650 FORD MUSTANG PRODUCTION WILL NOT END IN 2028", S650 Ford Mustang Production Will Not End In 2028 (fordauthority.com)

Arno_ecobeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 BMW M135i Xdrive
If your assumptions were correct, the same conditions would apply to the US home market, and yet Discounting has already reportedly begun in the US, with reports of copious amounts of unsold stock sitting on Dealers lots.

Ford Performance Chief Engineer Carl Widmann stated (and this has been subsequently reiterated) that Ford will continue making the V8 as long as the market and Legislation allows: "Ford will continue to build Ford Mustang V8 models as long as customers keep buying them".
Ford Mustang V8 Isn't Going Away Anytime Soon, Says Chief Engineer (fordauthority.com)

Furthermore, there is some doubt as to when the S650 will end production, as Ford Authority have headlined "S650 FORD MUSTANG PRODUCTION WILL NOT END IN 2028", S650 Ford Mustang Production Will Not End In 2028 (fordauthority.com)
the caveat for your initial paragraph response i think is supply. They can saturate their market it a few months where we have 'allocations'.
So if Ford can satisfy all orders within 12 months then iwill entirely agree with your point.

Hopefully a change in US administration will see and end be put towards this EV madness and bring some balance. I certainly hope i am wrong on all fronts.
I know Ford has said that, production will not end, but manufacturers say things. If Democrats win again and euro legislation is further pushed, i can see some nuts finding their way to vices.
In any case, i will be treating this car as if, its end of an era, and be a family keeper even if there are more varieties.
Which as i say, i really hope for. I nearly went the tesla route, but after research i am quite resolved atm that EVs are not a 1 shoe fit all solution, if at all.

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue GT 10Sp Auto
the caveat for your initial paragraph response i think is supply. They can saturate their market it a few months where we have 'allocations'.
So if Ford can satisfy all orders within 12 months then iwill entirely agree with your point.

Hopefully a change in US administration will see and end be put towards this EV madness and bring some balance. I certainly hope i am wrong on all fronts.
I know Ford has said that, production will not end, but manufacturers say things. If Democrats win again and euro legislation is further pushed, i can see some nuts finding their way to vices.
In any case, i will be treating this car as if, its end of an era, and be a family keeper even if there are more varieties.
Which as i say, i really hope for. I nearly went the tesla route, but after research i am quite resolved atm that EVs are not a 1 shoe fit all solution, if at all.
Agree 100%, Supply is an issue, although I read somewhere that the CEO of FOA stated they have secured flexible and ample supplies of the S650 Mustang (although that could be questioned with only 1000 Dark Horses), and there has been a huge backlash in Europe and the US on the luney Left, Green Climate Cult insanity, and EV Sales have plummeted (!), as rational people have discovered the totally absurd dysfunctional impracticality and unacceptably high Risk of the mobile exploding Crematorium EVs.
If the Poling is any indication, the Dem's and their obnoxious and duplicitous Virtue Signalling, Green destructive madness are finished, so hopefully the grown-ups will be in charge of Legislation in the US after the next election.

Arno_ecobeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 BMW M135i Xdrive
Agree 100%, Supply is an issue, although I read somewhere that the CEO of FOA stated they have secured flexible and ample supplies of the S650 Mustang (although that could be questioned with only 1000 Dark Horses), and there has been a huge backlash in Europe and the US on the luney Left, Green Climate Cult insanity, and EV Sales have plummeted (!), as rational people have discovered the totally absurd dysfunctional impracticality and unacceptably high Risk of the mobile exploding Crematorium EVs.
If the Poling is any indication, the Dem's and their obnoxious and duplicitous Virtue Signalling, Green destructive madness are finished, so hopefully the grown-ups will be in charge of Legislation in the US after the next election.
Here here, echo my sentiments exactly.
I also have that same headscratch about the Dark horse when supply is so strong 'over there'.
I think there is a scurge where there is still a moment of trying to exploit the extra cost of things before a potential buyer withdrawal en masse...
if not for the 'last of a kind', 'end of an era', 'chev and dodge have sold out' realities and the obvious immediate danger of the lunatics that want to depopulate the world, i think people might have already started withdrawing from carmarket sooner.
If the lunatics take over, i want a 5.0 in the garage while i can...

Deano1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 GT ordered, awaiting allocation
I thought I share. This feature that ford never addressed.
Bugger, I keep a lycra body count on my garage wall, it's next to a dart board with Adam Bandt's face on it

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
This should interest existing S550 owners.

Note that it's the same vehicle that Throttle House drove four months ago - the plates are a give-away! (And yes, Carsten's main camera was always "green-in-the blacks").

S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang Australia (AU) Pricing and Timing Schedule S550650Com

Walt Kowalski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT FB. 6M. Twister O. 2020 Conv GT 10A - MagnaRide, Twister O.
This thread has taken a turn.

For the better
Sponsored