• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue GT 10Sp Auto
Mine is a priority 01, not 99.

1701819638296.png

Hehe, I'm not so sure. I've been waiting for a damn car since Jan 2022. Maybe code 01 means "dont build, we just want to pull the wool over this customer's eyes and F him around for as long as we can".
In that case you would be a VERY Special Person ! :)
Sponsored

IIIdtpIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting MY24.5 DH, Auto, Blue Ember, Recaro
OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do Not Build probably refers to the Domestic Production Line - Export cars are a different spec and made in separate dedicated and allocated production batches. They are not built in conjunction with the regular domestic production, but have an exclusive production run on only certain weeks of the year..

N1T3MRE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
Has anyone elses dealer pulled the pin after signing a deposit for a dark horse? I asked a question about the car in September, got sent a build sheet a s proof of allocation, asked for the full contract last week, and now they are saying I never had an allocation..... What should I do next?
Very ambiguous - You "signed" or Paid A deposit ? What did you actually sign if not a (preliminary) Contract? Did you get an itemised receipt if you paid a Deposit - which would be proof of your order?

Depending when you ordered the car - no Dealer had an Allocation at the time they were taking orders.
Sourced a Signed agreement and Deposit put against Dealer build sheet for the dark horse FD**, build was for November but pushed obviously to January....Just dirty it got taken away thats all.

I know it was all here say and gentleman agreements, but they gave me the build sheet as proof of allocation....

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Has anyone elses dealer pulled the pin after signing a deposit for a dark horse? I asked a question about the car in September, got sent a build sheet a s proof of allocation, asked for the full contract last week, and now they are saying I never had an allocation..... What should I do next?

Sourced a Signed agreement and Deposit put against Dealer build sheet for the dark horse FD**, build was for November but pushed obviously to January....Just dirty it got taken away thats all.

I know it was all here say and gentleman agreements, but they gave me the build sheet as proof of allocation....
Seems very poor form that your Dealer implied or stated you had an Allocation, and then later denied it.
Unfortunately it seems there were around 3000 orders for 1000 Allocated Dark Horses.

Laity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2019 GT Fastback, 10R80
Howdy all,

I have seen MY24.50 batch cars mentioned a couple of times in this thread previously, alluding to it being the better version with some updates/changes made from the first batch MY24.00.

More from a curiosity standpoint, can someone tell me the major differences expected between the two?

Thanks in advance,

bfets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Mustang yet
Howdy all,

I have seen MY24.50 batch cars mentioned a couple of times in this thread previously, alluding to it being the better version with some updates/changes made from the first batch MY24.00.

More from a curiosity standpoint, can someone tell me the major differences expected between the two?

Thanks in advance,
I dont have anything official, but from talking to various people working at Ford dealers, there aren't any feature differences. Its more that there might be new calibrations on things like steering, Magneride, entertainment system, those sort of things. Maybe some production improvements. I have also heard unofficially that all of our cars (RHD Australia) for which production will start in Jan will be MY24.5 's.

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...

A model year is broken up into two halves, "Job 1" and "Job 2".
This gives the manufacturer an opportunity to implement changes mid-MY.
Job 1 finished first week of November.

Both MY24.00 and MY24.50 are in the same "Job", Job 2.
There will be no difference between the them.

One known difference from Job 1 is that Job 2 GTs get the Auto Start/Stop system.
This feature was always a "late availability" item from the get go.
All this has been discussed before in this very thread.

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A model year is broken up into two halves, "Job 1" and "Job 2".
This gives the manufacturer an opportunity to implement changes mid-MY.
Job 1 finished first week of November.

Both MY24.00 and MY24.50 are in the same "Job", Job 2.
There will be no difference between the them.

One known difference from Job 1 is that Job 2 GTs get the Auto Start/Stop system.
This feature was always a "late availability" item from the get go.
All this has been discussed before in this very thread.
It also provides Ford a chance to implement any other fine-tuning product improvements that they do not disclose.

hellohello123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT 6spd California Black
I see posts on here in usa of photos of ford dealers with a yard full of unsold regular mustangs as well as dealers posting ads of unsold darkhorses at msrp prices +/-

Absolutely mind boggling. And envious
Something which we will never ser

Arno_ecobeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 BMW M135i Xdrive
I see posts on here in usa of photos of ford dealers with a yard full of unsold regular mustangs as well as dealers posting ads of unsold darkhorses at msrp prices +/-

Absolutely mind boggling. And envious
Something which we will never ser
bit of an overestimation on the local market with an underestimation abroad... by a long margin.
The issue in the states is that the car is not quite a 'premium' or seen as such. We have always seen the american muscle as a premium car and costs associated so with the jump in local price, the average american thinks its not good value anymore (big picture). Whereas we already paid a higher price, so justifying it is easier.
Also, the S550 boys are hard bagging the S650 still 🤣 slowly coming along...

Hopefully there is a recalibtration of stock and build priorities to catch us up a bit.

hellohello123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT 6spd California Black
bit of an overestimation on the local market with an underestimation abroad... by a long margin.
The issue in the states is that the car is not quite a 'premium' or seen as such. We have always seen the american muscle as a premium car and costs associated so with the jump in local price, the average american thinks its not good value anymore (big picture). Whereas we already paid a higher price, so justifying it is easier.
Also, the S550 boys are hard bagging the S650 still 🤣 slowly coming along...

Hopefully there is a recalibtration of stock and build priorities to catch us up a bit.
I feel its really weird that there is such a different perception when culturally we are similar and all.

It techncially means in a perfect world , you could buy dark horses and ship them here and would sell like hotcakes

Be interesting to see in a couple of years after dark horse hype has died down, and will aussie dealers have a good/oversupply of s650s

Arno_ecobeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 BMW M135i Xdrive
I feel its really weird that there is such a different perception when culturally we are similar and all.

It techncially means in a perfect world , you could buy dark horses and ship them here and would sell like hotcakes

Be interesting to see in a couple of years after dark horse hype has died down, and will aussie dealers have a good/oversupply of s650s
I think it would, but you know what they are doing... supply and demand $$$.
Create a virtual bottle neck, charge more dollars :)
Sponsored