• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

N1T3MRE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
Has anyone elses dealer pulled the pin after signing a deposit for a dark horse? I asked a question about the car in September, got sent a build sheet as proof of allocation, asked for the full contract last week, and now they are saying I never had an allocation..... What should I do next?
Sponsored

N1T3MRE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
Has anyone elses dealer pulled the pin after signing a deposit for a dark horse? I asked a question about the car in September, got sent a build sheet as proof of allocation, asked for the full contract last week, and now they are saying I never had an allocation..... What should I do next?

BigCatMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered - MY24 Mustang GT Vapour Blue Black Pk 6MT
go to another dealer. Without a contract, not much you can do. Other than get your deposit back.

Arno_ecobeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 BMW M135i Xdrive
why don't you give that Motorscout Australia company a call?

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue GT 10Sp Auto
Very ambiguous - You "signed" or Paid A deposit ? What did you actually sign if not a (preliminary) Contract? Did you get an itemised receipt if you paid a Deposit - which would be proof of your order?

Depending when you ordered the car - no Dealer had an Allocation at the time they were taking orders.

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got priority 99 on mine too, order in April. I think this means I'm not in the dealers first allocation (or perhaps even the next). I'm 26th in line at Power Ford. Reckon those with the 99 code should keep in touch with their dealer regularly to ensure it gets switched at the right time and you don't miss your slot. I'm resigned to not seeing my GT till Q4 2024.
All Australian RHD "Export" Orders are Code 99.

Arno_ecobeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 BMW M135i Xdrive
Mike (sales manager) from Bremer Ford said that number is redundant more or less now and was used during Covid etc.
either way, Im ok with 2024.50 that comes with the better 'stuff' over the 2024.00 versions 🤣

In all seriousness, i have a buyer for my BMW so i am looking at 9months +/- without a whip!

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for that screenshot,

i don't mind asking dealers stupid questions as long as its not too many, we are throwing a lot of money at them after all lol...
I asked for clarification on the 99 and on ETA.
I see mine is 2024.50 so obviously looking at a 3rd quarter delivery... oh well!
I will be able to almost pay cash for the thing by then :crazy:

I don't mind dates not being guaranteed, i just want 'a' date. if its segmentation June 24 with delivery november then that is fine with me too.
Mainly due to my everest being ordered in March for december delivery and then +4 months and there still was nothing on the horizon for my build.
Unfortunately slightly burned with that experience and i dont want to be driving my dads Getz around for a year. Even though you do get attached to these little run arounds! lol
I noticed that (2024.50) to, so it has progressed from the previous 24.25 and is probably indicative of "Job 2" updates. However regarding probable Build Time-Frames - don't panic, as my 21.5 Gt was built in Feb '21.

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mike (sales manager) from Bremer Ford said that number is redundant more or less now and was used during Covid etc.
either way, Im ok with 2024.50 that comes with the better 'stuff' over the 2024.00 versions 🤣

In all seriousness, i have a buyer for my BMW so i am looking at 9months +/- without a whip!
My 21.5 was Code 99 and this was the case for at least a couple of years before (and after) that. I lot of these blokes have only been working for Ford for five minutes, and have NFI. lol

Ford are obviously still using it, otherwise another code would have been used.

Also: Retail USOB: Is the current mix of retail orders in the unscheduled order bank (USOB) at the time the report was run. The report only looks at orders that are “clean”, meaning they do not have a compatibility error, material hold or on 99 priority code. (55) Latest 2024 Mustang Production Key Commodity Constraints + Total Retail Unscheduled Orders (12/4/23) | Mustang7G - 2024+ S650 Mustang Forum (Hybrid, GT, EcoBoost, GT350, GT500, Bullitt, Mach 1)

Arno_ecobeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 BMW M135i Xdrive
My 21.5 was Code 99 and this was the case for at least a couple of years before (and after) that. I lot of these blokes have only been working for Ford for five minutes, and have NFI. lol

Ford are obviously still using it, otherwise another code would have been used.

Also: Retail USOB: Is the current mix of retail orders in the unscheduled order bank (USOB) at the time the report was run. The report only looks at orders that are “clean”, meaning they do not have a compatibility error, material hold or on 99 priority code. (55) Latest 2024 Mustang Production Key Commodity Constraints + Total Retail Unscheduled Orders (12/4/23) | Mustang7G - 2024+ S650 Mustang Forum (Hybrid, GT, EcoBoost, GT350, GT500, Bullitt, Mach 1)
ok, but you'll have to dumb that down for me.
I have a shadow black, auto with no other extras.
So you get a 'clean' order and then a few issues and a 99 priority code. Still not clear what that means? just low priority?

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ok, but you'll have to dumb that down for me.
I have a shadow black, auto with no other extras.
So you get a 'clean' order and then a few issues and a 99 priority code. Still not clear what that means? just low priority?
That "Retail US OB" Notice is only for the domestic US market - so the Code99 (Export) market orders are excluded.

bfets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Mustang yet
Mine is a priority 01, not 99.

1701819638296.png

You must be a special person ! :)
Hehe, I'm not so sure. I've been waiting for a damn car since Jan 2022. Maybe code 01 means "dont build, we just want to pull the wool over this customer's eyes and F him around for as long as we can".
Sponsored