• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Deano1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 GT ordered, ETA 6th Oct 2024
Does anyone have any idea how much the suprcharged factory kit will cost in aus?

Also, cant wait until the gt arrives in aus and, would it be unrealisitxc to pick up a demo for a bit less than retail?
I looked at it a while back and I think it was 13-20k Aus depending on whether you go Stage 1 or 2.

Does anyone know if the internals in a GT can handle super charging? The DH gets GT350 forged internals but not the std GT.
Sponsored

Deano1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 GT ordered, ETA 6th Oct 2024
Does anyone have any idea how much the suprcharged factory kit will cost in aus?

Also, cant wait until the gt arrives in aus and, would it be unrealisitxc to pick up a demo for a bit less than retail?
I looked at it a while back and from memory I think it was 13-20k Aus depending on whether you go Stage 1 or 2.

Does anyone know if the internals in a GT can handle super charging? The DH gets GT350 forged internals but not the std GT.

Brumby5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ordered S650 GT Manual Vapor Blue, Magneride
Hey Bigcatman, That is the exact option that I am going for!
Interested to see if if the pricing is the same. Will find out on Monday:fingerscrossed:

BigCatMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered - MY24 Mustang GT Vapour Blue Black Pk 6MT
Hey Bigcatman, That is the exact option that I am going for!
Interested to see if if the pricing is the same. Will find out on Monday:fingerscrossed:
It was within a few dollars off the build and price tool on the Ford website (in my favour even).

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue GT 10Sp Auto
That headline is ridiculous

What hasn’t gone up in price recently?

I’m unsurprised at the price of the S650
You might think a $15K or 20% price increase is acceptable or normal, I think it is outrageous,
especially when the equivalently configured host car has a minimal US150 increase over the previous year, and the (temporary) diminished Exchange rate accounts for under $3.5K.

I think there will be a lot of 2024 Mustang discounting next year.

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There are various Bolt-On Kits available for the Gen 3 Coyote (same 12:1 Compression Ratio), and Ford Performance are releasing an 800HP version for the 2024, so there should be no problem. Try Mustang Motorsports or Herrod.

Frostee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT
I hope you're right

If people don't buy the S650, I reckon that's a good chance of happening, but I'm sceptical that will happen.

What's the comparable alternative vehicle as a new car purchase at the same price point?

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I hope you're right

If people don't buy the S650, I reckon that's a good chance of happening, but I'm sceptical that will happen.

What's the comparable alternative vehicle as a new car purchase at the same price point?
I have heard of a number of cancellations, and also cancelled my Order, and later saved $2700 going through a car broker.

Race Red GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 coupe, 2015 GT Racered, 2024.5 GT Racered
You might think a $15K or 20% price increase is acceptable or normal, I think it is outrageous,
especially when the equivalently configured host car has a minimal US150 increase over the previous year, and the (temporary) diminished Exchange rate accounts for under $3.5K.

Hi Stevefreestyle, just some info on pricing. I built my aussie car on the Ford USA platform with our options and it came out to US $60K. At 63 US cents per OZ$1 that is roughly $95K Australian. Then there is ship transport which has increased dramatically, insurance etc, Ford Australia has overheads to stay in business , provision spares etc. On USA 5.0 GT Prem ,10 sp Auto, Perf Pack, Active Exh, 401 High pack, Black pack, Magneride, = US$60k. At OZ $95k with all the gear in the car, Sharp new design, great performance , great sound, great interior- WHAT a PACKAGE! Really looking forward to it arriving.

Race Red GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have heard of a number of cancellations, and also cancelled my Order, and later saved $2700 going through a car broker.
Did you save that amount off the Ford AUS build site ? Or from your dealers inflated dealer delivery etc. How can a broker get it cheaper than a Ford dealer and will you get it in the first shipment ahead of other Ford orders?

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi Stevefreestyle, just some info on pricing. I built my aussie car on the Ford USA platform with our options and it came out to US $60K. At 63 US cents per OZ$1 that is roughly $95K Australian. Then there is ship transport which has increased dramatically, insurance etc, Ford Australia has overheads to stay in business , provision spares etc. On USA 5.0 GT Prem ,10 sp Auto, Perf Pack, Active Exh, 401 High pack, Black pack, Magneride, = US$60k. At OZ $95k with all the gear in the car, Sharp new design, great performance , great sound, great interior- WHAT a PACKAGE! Really looking forward to it arriving.
Not as simple as that, this is not the first year FoA have sold Mustangs in Aust, and Ford Au have their own costing schedule, which already factors exchange rates, Shipping etc, and the US Retail pricing direct comparison is largely irrelevant, as is evident from inconsistencies in a straight comparison of US / Au mustang pricing since 2015.

This is why a comparison of the US Pricing INCREASE to the current AU Pricing, is more relevant as an AU Retail pricing indicator, as it builds on the existing costing factors and the subsequent current AU Retail Pricing.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you save that amount off the Ford AUS build site ? Or from your dealers inflated dealer delivery etc. How can a broker get it cheaper than a Ford dealer and will you get it in the first shipment ahead of other Ford orders?
From the $90,095 FoA Build and corresponding Dealer Quote. He knew I was an enthusiast, so I suspect he thought I was excessively keen - and would not budge on price.

I am now buying it from another Dealer (Via the Broker) for a reasonable saving ($2700), and yes it will be ordered as of now - not delayed or at the back of the que.

Legitimate Brokers can have more Purchasing Power through volume business.

Last edited:

Race Red GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
From the $90,095 FoA Build and corresponding Dealer Quote. He knew I was an enthusiast, so I suspect he thought I was excessively keen - and would not budge on price.

I am now buying it from another Dealer (Via the Broker) for a reasonable saving ($2700), and yes it will be ordered as of now - not delayed or at the back of the que.

Legitimate Brokers can have more Purchasing Power through volume business.
Hi Steve, I donot understand why a ford dealer would give up one of his valuable spots on order list and discount to a broker(when he can get full retail). Also how did the broker get your velocity blue 10 sp onto supposedly closed order book? Are you sure he is not feeding you along and you will be in next shipment?
Sponsored