• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

bfets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Mustang yet
Hey guys just wanted to see what everyone thinks in regards to price vs power of the GT vs DH. Seems like it's approx $20k for 2kw, and yes i know the other differences of the GT vs DH.

I can understand the price if the DH was at the full 500hp but to be cut that much is it worth it for the other differences only now?

In my mind 20k is a decent amount to play with on a GT
I think it's a very nuanced question and the answer is, it depends what you value and want out of the car as well as the spec you are after.

If power is all you want, it's not worth it. Go and buy a used S550 rspec for example and get much more power for less money. Or just buy the GT.

If you like to have something a little more exclusive that will probably hold its value a little better, go DH.
If like me, you are a manual guy, then DH all the way because you are getting that Tremec gearbox and a Torsen diff for the first time in Australia. Those two things will give you shorter gearing and an awesome fun driving experience.

If none of that matters and you want the best bang for buck, GT is still that I reckon.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue GT 10Sp Auto
Hey guys just wanted to see what everyone thinks in regards to price vs power of the GT vs DH. Seems like it's approx $20k for 2kw, and yes i know the other differences of the GT vs DH.

I can understand the price if the DH was at the full 500hp but to be cut that much is it worth it for the other differences only now?

In my mind 20k is a decent amount to play with on a GT
Even worse, it is 2Nm Less than the GT - Crazy - like the pricing !

So the DH / GT has gained a portly 96Kg, with only a 10/08 Kw gain on the 2018-23 Aus FN GT, and 8/6 Nm LESS !

bfets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Mustang yet
Even worse, it is 2Nm Less than the GT - Crazy - like the pricing !

So the DH / GT has gained a portly 96Kg, with only a 10/08 Kw gain on the 2018-23 Aus FN GT, and 8/6 Nm LESS !
Those red taillights are worth an extra 30kw at least! 😁😉

Deano1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 GT ordered, awaiting allocation
Does mucking around with the ECU calibration void the warranty?

I did a bit of digging, and the emission and noise excuse for derating our engine is a furphy. Our current regs are looser than the US and will be broadly inline from 2025 onwards.

I get that we're prob getting Euro export version which does have tighter regs but how hard could it be to just keep the US manifold and ECU calibration for Aussie models, they would still pass our ADR rules.

The upside to this is that if we can recalibrate the ECU you can unlock it without breaking the law, but I don't want to void my warranty by doing so.

Trying really hard to justify keeping my GT order.

From Govt climate change website:

The standards would progressively reduce carbon dioxide emissions from new light vehicles to 105g/km in 2025, almost half the current level of 192g/km. This 2025 standard would broadly bring Australia into line with the United States, and still trail the tighter European Union targets by several years.

bfets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Mustang yet
Does mucking around with the ECU calibration void the warranty?

I did a bit of digging, and the emission and noise excuse for derating our engine is a furphy. Our current regs are looser than the US and will be broadly inline from 2025 onwards.

I get that we're prob getting Euro export version which does have tighter regs but how hard could it be to just keep the US manifold and ECU calibration for Aussie models, they would still pass our ADR rules.

The upside to this is that if we can recalibrate the ECU you can unlock it without breaking the law, but I don't want to void my warranty by doing so.

Trying really hard to justify keeping my GT order.

From Govt climate change website:

The standards would progressively reduce carbon dioxide emissions from new light vehicles to 105g/km in 2025, almost half the current level of 192g/km. This 2025 standard would broadly bring Australia into line with the United States, and still trail the tighter European Union targets by several years.
The neuter in these cars are the exhaust manifold and tuning. The ECUs are locked so can't be tuned yet. Tuners world wide are working to crack them. I'm sure they'll be tunable soon, but touch the stock tune and your warranty is gone.

FrozenPea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019.75 Ford Focus ST-Line
It will be interesting to see how many cancelled orders and unsold Mustangs there are next year.

I converted my deposit over to a real order on Saturday. The sales guy told me that he'd had three DH customers withdraw immediately due to price but that he was also having to call others to let them know theirs would be unfulfilled as they were only allocated 7 units. Said there hadn't been much additional immediate interest in either model since the Thursday announcement. He wasn't impressed with the pricing either, actually seemed a bit incredulous over what FoA were thinking.

Danstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
I converted my deposit over to a real order on Saturday. The sales guy told me that he'd had three DH customers withdraw immediately due to price but that he was also having to call others to let them know theirs would be unfulfilled as they were only allocated 7 units. Said there hadn't been much additional immediate interest in either model since the Thursday announcement. He wasn't impressed with the pricing either, actually seemed a bit incredulous over what FoA were thinking.
Final price of $91k~?

Flamma3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Got the call to say I have a confirmed allocation for a dark horse at the spec I listed back when they were announced.

Blue Ember
Manual
Recaro
Appearance pack

$120k on road (Vic)

Can't change anything, all the specs are locked in.

Was basically take it or don't as there's no shortage of people waiting in line.

Need to give them an additional deposit and lock it in over coming days.

Really would have been nice to get an unmolested version with the full 500hp...
Hi Dave,
Were you able to find out the dealer delivery they are charging you?

Also do you mind me asking what dealership? (PM me if you prefer).

I am in Vic also and have been told for DH, manual, Recaro, apperance pack, approx $118 drive away.
Was even told less about $4k without the apperance pack, which would bring it down to approx. $114 drive away.
Thats including a $2,500 dealer delivery.

This seems inline with the price release the other day, and taxes, etc. in Vic.

hellohello123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT 6spd California Black
it makes me so jealous that in australia the DH is sold out and probably will be on the second hand market at a huge premium but yet in the USA, dealers have started selling them for retail price or even less than retail price

Dazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt 2021 AT
for my order the segmentation date is 12 nov and ETA is May 24 which is like 7 months from now, very weird.

bfets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Mustang yet
for my order the segmentation date is 12 nov and ETA is May 24 which is like 7 months from now, very weird.
I havent asked for an update on the build schedule for mine, but my ETA was 31-May last I checked. I dont think any RHD models will be built this year. Only starting in Jan 24.

prestj1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 TBC
Yeah
I havent asked for an update on the build schedule for mine, but my ETA was 31-May last I checked. I dont think any RHD models will be built this year. Only starting in Jan 24.
Jan 1 builds start for Oz with May deliveries according to dealer

bfets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Mustang yet
Yeah

Jan 1 builds start for Oz with May deliveries according to dealer
Yeah I've been told the same. It would not surprise me if it blows out further. My process of trying to procure a Mustang started in Jan 2022 and I still don't have a car so nothing will surprise me anymore hehe.
Sponsored