• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

JWM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Mustangs yet
Sold out with pre-orders. You’ll need to talk to a dealer and see if you can grab a cancelled order
Yeah I know, I ordered in Sept, couple days after books opened but apparently I was too far down the list for them to even bother calling me to tell me I should come and get my deposit back until I called them a month or so ago 🙄 ... Maybe I'll go in tomorrow and check if the pricing has scared off enough people to get one ...

I thought it might still get onto the site but I suppose that makes sense.
Sponsored

AussieBob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nil
Pre-orders can't possibly be "locked in" prior to the final specs and pricing being made public.

Ever since October 2022 (when holding deposit was paid) I have requested MagneRide and a rear wing spoiler.

Now, we officially know this combination (spoiler + OTT stripes in Appearance pack) WITH MagneRide is not possible. At no stage in the last 12 months has either of my dealers flagged this as being a problem.
Yeah, I am surprised by this as well considering manufacture hasn't started either if delivery is now May ...

Frostee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT
Pre-orders can't possibly be "locked in" prior to the final specs and pricing being made public
my understanding that it is this way.

my dealer called me a few months ago saying that he had to confirm my order. The details were incorrect which he corrected and subsequently confirmed that my spec (GT, Grabber Blue, Black pack, Magneride) was in the system and had an estimated Jan 2024 arrival. I haven’t had an update but expect from all I’ve read that it will be Mar/Apr

I suggest you speak to your dealer. They’ll know what builds they have confirmed and any cancellations that may be available.

Frostee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT
Yeah, I am surprised by this as well considering manufacture hasn't started either if delivery is now May
I understand that DH allocation for AU is 1000 units. I suspect that they are all committed to by dealers.

the dealers will have a lovely time happily accepting any cancellations and jacking up the price of those orphaned orders that they are able to sell to another

Frostee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT
Wow, looking at the Ford au website and brochure, it seems there is indeed some good news. We are getting US-style red taillights!
thank you - there’s $200 “cash back” from not tinting aftermarket lol 😂

mind you after the Ford AU Mach 1 spec marketing stuff up, I wouldn’t be confident that it’s true

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
Can somebody in the Woolongong area please do a welfare check on @Stevefreestyle .

This is considerably more than the calculated USD$150 net increase!

Last edited:

prestj1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 TBC
I’m out and about can someone refresh my memory what options do we have with the dark horse, blue ember, manual other than recaros. Is that the only option on that config?

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
I’m out and about can someone refresh my memory what options do we have with the dark horse, blue ember, manual other than recaros. Is that the only option on that config?
You only need to go back one page, and click on the link provided by BCM.

Which says:
S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang Australia (AU) Pricing and Timing Schedule Capture.JPG

Looks like you have a grand total of 3 options.

prestj1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 TBC
You only need to go back one page, and click on the link provided by BCM.

Which says:
Capture.JPG

Looks like you have a grand total of 3 options.
Thanks :) ...just had a look again now I'm home and with blue ember the appeance pack and prestige paint are standard so there is only 1 option the recaros.

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue GT 10Sp Auto
Can somebody in the Woolongong area please do a welfare check on @Stevefreestyle .

This is considerably more than the calculated USD$150 net increase!
HaHa, Thanks for your concern :), I was otherwise engaged yesterday. I was expecting some increase (circa $2-5K), but was arguing that a major increase like that OUTRAGEOUS $15k was completely Unjustified, in the context of the minor Pricing Increase on the equivalently Configured US car - and would amount to predatory Price Gouging.

I am seriously considering Cancelling my order - I note my dealer avoided ringing me yesterday LOL!

S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang Australia (AU) Pricing and Timing Schedule 1698361160168

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue GT 10Sp Auto
DH does not make any sense. GT will be quicker, considering the DH kerb weight increase over the GT.
It's baffling.
Yep, The Dark Horse has been nobbled before the starting Gate - the crazy thing is it is only 2 Kw more than the GT and 2 Nm less!

As for the GT - also verry disappointing:

Power 347kW @ 7,250rpm (Minus 15.4Kw from US S650 @ 362.4Kw – Plus 8 Kw from previous FN)

Torque 550Nm @ 4,850rpm
(Minus 16.7Nm from US S650 @ 566.7Nm – Minus 6 Nm from previous FN)

24 Mustang SPECS Ford Au Ford Mustang Model Details and Specs | Ford Australia

PonyBoy18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FN Mustang GT
I am gutted - I haven allocation for the DH but just cant justify $115k! I spoke to my dealer yesterday ad he advised that they cant confirm the price yet as they were still deciding on how much the dealer delivery fee is going to be! I was hoping the total price would be around the $95k mark like the Raptor. But the real kick in the guts is the price of the GT. $90k + for standard mustang????

Laity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2019 GT Fastback, 10R80
Good morning guys! Long time viewer from the shadows, first time posting.

I put an order in on a Dark Horse and GT in April this year subject to pricing and allocation, and got a call from my sales rep this morning. He said Australia is only getting 1000 DH, and each dealer is only going to get 2-4 depending on size and orders. He is confident they will get 2, and they are given to the first orders in line. I was 7th in line, so effectively impossible for me to get one from them, unless I get lucky and the few in front of me cancel their orders. He expected the drive away price to be approx. $112-$113k.

GT he said will be "early 90's", and will come back to me on Monday next week once his manager is in to get me an exact drive away price. I am going Oxford White, 10R80 trans, Recaro seats, Black Pack & GT Pack. Not going Magniride, as I will get aftermarket suspension in the future. Playing around on the Ford Aus "Build your Ford" page, quoted drive away price is $96,262...

The S650 is going to undeniably be a great car, I am exited for it but also not sure what to do, buy a GT now and cop the hefty price, or wait 12-18 months and get one newly used for probably $75k... I was hoping for the price to be early 80's, ~$95k for a stock GT is a lot of money. Wanted to get everyone's 2c!

Cheers,
Sponsored