• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2024 GT Premium bad alternator at delivery

Knightro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Explorer Sport
I waited a week before posting this but I am beyond frustrated. The mustang I ordered on August 15, 2023 finally came in on March 15, 2024 and after prep I picked it up on the 18th. I didn’t even get two miles and the dash lit up “service charging system“. Since the dealership had just closed I took it back the next morning.

The car has a bad alternator. The part is on back order! My dealer is trying to locate one and said they have put in an emergency request. The dealer even tried to pull one from their unsold stock but none of them fit. Apparently the performance pack GT alternator is different than the non-pp GTs.

So after a 7 month wait I drove the car home from the dealer and back to the dealer where it is currently parked(with 20 miles on odometer). The car is absolutely beautiful, even nicer than I imagined but man oh man what a disappointment. I don’t even have an estimated day the part comes in.

I do think my dealer is doing everything they possibly can but I think Ford should step up and get one from the plant. This car went through two quality controls before delivery.
Sponsored

DukeCLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GTP, PP,AVE,MR. 2018 Mustang GT PP1,
What a bummer, I hope they find one quickly for you. It will be worth the wait though, this is a fun car to drive.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Sorry to read you've got an issue. But I am glad to read your dealer is supporting you. And, that the issue is not significant.

Ford, and from my recent experience, Toyota, continue to have parts manufacturing and logistics issues. I think one factor is the price of new vehicles, which has since trickled to used vehicles, is driving (no pun intended) people to repair their vehicles versus purchasing new.

Hope your issue is resolved soon. :please:

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
I waited a week before posting this but I am beyond frustrated. The mustang I ordered on August 15, 2023 finally came in on March 15, 2024 and after prep I picked it up on the 18th. I didn’t even get two miles and the dash lit up “service charging system“. Since the dealership had just closed I took it back the next morning.

The car has a bad alternator. The part is on back order! My dealer is trying to locate one and said they have put in an emergency request. The dealer even tried to pull one from their unsold stock but none of them fit. Apparently the performance pack GT alternator is different than the non-pp GTs.

So after a 7 month wait I drove the car home from the dealer and back to the dealer where it is currently parked(with 20 miles on odometer). The car is absolutely beautiful, even nicer than I imagined but man oh man what a disappointment. I don’t even have an estimated day the part comes in.
Screws fall out. The world is an imperfect place.

... but I think Ford should step up and get one from the plant. This car went through two quality controls before delivery.
That's not the way it works. All repair components come from FCSD. I've worked for OEM and FCSD suppliers for decades.

I wouldn't be happy, either. But it's not the end of the world.

Last edited:

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
Sorry to hear that. I know how frustrated you feel. My car spent a few days at the dealership with only a couple hundred miles on the odometer. I have to say that Ford and my dealership were great. I haven't had any problems since.

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
What a bummer. I can only imagine your disappointment. They will get it right but yeah first impressions are a thing.

OP
OP

Knightro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Explorer Sport
So an update to this alternator problem…turns out the PP Alt is the same as the non PP but ford changed the part number so it appeared to the shop that it was different. Now the part is still on back order, however they can use one from their unsold stock. Which is what they are doing! Outstanding. I can back away from the ledge now lol. Hopefully I can share some pics next week.
Sponsored