• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2018 GT. 5.0 10 SPEED VS ANY SIMILAR CHRYSLER PRODUCT HEMI

junqdawg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018Mustang GT 5.0 10 speed
Has anyone with a 5.0 auto locked horns with the HEMI of similar horsepower ?
Either on the drag strip or street . If so , what was the outcome, ? I would like some result info before
I agree to this 500.00 race challenged to me . Thanks for any input.
Junqdawg
Sponsored

AlloyPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT Premium
I have a Gen 1 Coyote car. 6-speed manual, axle-back exhaust, otherwise totally stock. I eat 5.7L Hemi cars for lunch, and 6.4L Hemi cars aren't faster than me either. So I would imagine that a full bolt-on Coyote car of any generation could make light work of a stock or lightly modded Hemi.

If we're talking 10-speed auto Coyote, then it's REALLY unfair and the Hemi car would be foolish to even tangle with you. My friend has a 2018 10-speed auto 5.0 car. When it was bolt-on mods only it ran 11.7 in the 1/4 mile at our track. The fastest I've ever seen a 392 Hemi go is mid-12s.

To be honest I've had two Challengers and I am a big Mopar guy. I love their products. But the Coyote engine in the lightweight Mustang package is just too strong in a race.

OP
OP

junqdawg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018Mustang GT 5.0 10 speed
I have a Gen 1 Coyote car. 6-speed manual, axle-back exhaust, otherwise totally stock. I eat 5.7L Hemi cars for lunch, and 6.4L Hemi cars aren't faster than me either. So I would imagine that a full bolt-on Coyote car of any generation could make light work of a stock or lightly modded Hemi.

If we're talking 10-speed auto Coyote, then it's REALLY unfair and the Hemi car would be foolish to even tangle with you. My friend has a 2018 10-speed auto 5.0 car. When it was bolt-on mods only it ran 11.7 in the 1/4 mile at our track. The fastest I've ever seen a 392 Hemi go is mid-12s.

To be honest I've had two Challengers and I am a big Mopar guy. I love their products. But the Coyote engine in the lightweight Mustang package is just too strong in a race.
Thank you for your info on the Hemi vs 5.0 . Gonna remove the full size spare tire I got after finding a can of fixaflat for a spare,and a lite weight floor jack ,I threw in .Don't understand Ford , they think all flats can be fixed with a can of fixaflat! Hopefully be counting His Hemi 500.00 in a day of so. Thanks again , Junqdawg

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium

5.7L / 6.4L Hemi cars (Challenger or Charger) are heavier and have less HP than your 5.0. So I wouldn't go bragging..... Mustang SHOULD win handedly stock for stock.

What mods did the 392 have when you raced him with your bolt-ons?
Sponsored