• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2004 SVT Lightning Reliability

MarkS650GT10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT 10 Speed Grabber Blue
Wanted to ask here if anyone has any experience with owning a SVT Lightning? Have one for sale near me that is a 2004 with around 130K Miles on it. could get it for around $16K. drove it for a short distance and seemed to run good, steering was bit loose, might be because of its age or just how they were back then. thanks for any opinions or information.
Sponsored

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
My friend has one, it’s gone though motors, he had to pull the cab off the frame to change it iirc.
Another bud had one when they came out, beat the piss out of it and got a rod knock within a year.

I don’t trust those engines for anything more than light cruising, no WOT no racing.

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
Wanted to ask here if anyone has any experience with owning a SVT Lightning? Have one for sale near me that is a 2004 with around 130K Miles on it. could get it for around $16K. drove it for a short distance and seemed to run good, steering was bit loose, might be because of its age or just how they were back then. thanks for any opinions or information.
How much do you plan on driving it? If it's just a few times a week, and the rest of the truck is in good condition (for a 2004), I'd get it. At 130K, you could run into some stuff relatively soon, but if you're putting 10K on the truck a year, you could be fine for years.

I know someone with a little over 100K on theirs, no major mechanical issues.

OP
OP
MarkS650GT10

MarkS650GT10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT 10 Speed Grabber Blue
Thanks for the info. yeah can not decide if it would be a smart buy or not, it would be a second vehicle so not driven every day. never had a vehicle with that many miles on it, but i think it would hold its value, seen quite a few online asking $20k to $30k price. holding off for now but still thinking it over haha.
Sponsored